Hello from London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ratherpartial

Hello folks, I do hope you're all well.

Anyhoo, I've not been on a bike for a long old time, I'm 26 so I imagine it must be oh... 12 years!?

With that said, the main reason is being massively overweight for that period. In any case, I've been through the gym for the last year or so and I do love the cycle machines... I also enjoy being outside and thus, being the genius that I am thought it might be an idea to combine the two. Since it clearly take a genius to come to that conclusion.

I love the Regents Canal tow path, I've walked from Limehouse to Regents park a few times but a chap I know cycles it and I'd love too as well.

That route is mainly pavement slabs with the occasional gravel covered bits, I think given I'm in London though the majority of my riding would be on tarmac, with that in mind I was hoping someone might be able to suggest a bike for me for those conditions? I'm 6'2 tall and a poor, poor student (26 year old "mature" one mind) so I can't really afford to spend more than £300.

I'd also be very interested if anyone had any cycling suggestions for London?

Well, thanks if you got this far!

Ash

Welcome to the Forum, Ash. Here's a novel way to chug around London - on Sunday morning!

If you take a look in the Bikes Accessories etc section, there are a couple of threads where lower cost rides have been investigated by 'alembicbassman' - one of which is the Decathlon catalogue, but there is also a very keenly priced Halfords bike with alfine (hub) gearing, disc brakes etc - at a giveaway price for such a spec.

Enjoy London!

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Have fun! London is full-on and dangerous, but can be quite rewarding if you get it right.

Avoid Post Office vans/lorries.

OP
OP
R

ratherpartial

Thanks for the advice folks. I will have a read though the other forum.

I live in Mile End at the moment but lived five mins awayfrom Moses Gate for 16 years haha. It's a nightmare!

Top Bottom