Hello from London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tweedsteed

Hello all, a bit of lurker here but finally got a new bike so thought I should sign up. I've been commuting from East London to central daily for 2 years now on a trusty Ridgeback Velocity I got for £75. Just got an absolute bargain (though some may disagree) from Gumtree, a Carrera TDF Pro Road brand new, for £150 and went to Halfords to pick it up with him...some kind of insurance deal.

Anyway, it's put the fun into riding again and once the rain has backed off again :sad:, I'm looking forward to rolling past the people in the bus queues during the tube strikes in the blazing summer sun.

so...

HELLO!

Hello all, a bit of lurker here but finally got a new bike so thought I should sign up. I've been commuting from East London to central daily for 2 years now on a trusty Ridgeback Velocity I got for £75. Just got an absolute bargain (though some may disagree) from Gumtree, a Carrera TDF Pro Road brand new, for £150 and went to Halfords to pick it up with him...some kind of insurance deal.

Anyway, it's put the fun into riding again and once the rain has backed off again :sad:, I'm looking forward to rolling past the people in the bus queues during the tube strikes in the blazing summer sun.

so...

HELLO!

Hello and welcome to cyclechat.I lurked on here for ages before joining up, but so glad i did.:hello:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Welcome tweedsteed :welcome: This is a friendly place, don't lurk, get stuck in. The cafe is an excellent place for some virtual tea and cake, and some good banter.

OP
OP
tweedsteed

tweedsteed

Check out the "Sunday London ride" thread! And welcome!

Thanks for all the replies guys and I'll check out the thread...as for rides through the city, I just did my second Critical Mass. Lots of fun although I've never seen so many people just dropping off there bikes sideways...

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Haha welcome to the forum!

I was on that CM too - been a while since I was on one.

Happy cycling!

hotmetal

Hi from me too.

Top Bottom