Hello from Luton...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gusto

Hi All,

Just bought myself a new bike and while looking for some advice online I found Cyclechat, so here I am.

New ride is a Trek 6500. I'm very pleased with it. Have been riding a specialized HardRock Comp, but its had its day so will now be the spare for any friends to join me through the countryside.

Ive got the bug. Ive been buying all the bits and pieces I think I will need to keep myself and my bike going strong.

Having trouble with frond disc brake at the moment, seems to be grinding!? it was fine last night!! Well, off to look around cyclechat for some more help.
rolleyes.gif

Enjoying being a NOOB!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Welcome Gusto, all the advice and info you need is here somewhere.:hello:

OP
OP
G

Gusto

[QUOTE 1500961"]
Greetings

If the bike is new? Then I'd be inclined to take it back to the shop and have them have look at it. I'm from these parts as well, what shop did you buy the bike from?
[/quote]

Hi everyone,

I bought it online. It was fine for the first few rides, but today it sounds horrid. Might be just some dirt inbetween the pads and the disc? Im going to give it a gentle spalsh of water from a jug a few times to see if that sorts it. If not Halfords on Gypsy Lane have a Bike Hut that will give it a look over for me for £20, then free servicing for the rest of the year! - Im sure there are T's and C's that they didnt tell me earlier, but ill check them out tomorrow.
Not sure on the verdict of these Bike Huts at Halfords though, have heard varying reviews...

Where abouts are you from? Know any good trails in the area?

Top Bottom