Hello from Macclesfield!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maccbean

Feeling a bit cheeky as I made my first post on the shag, marry, chuck over a cliff thread!

Anyway, my name is Debbie and I live on a hill in Macclesfield. I've just bought myself a Carerra Crossfire2 (please, before anyone moans that I should have spent at least £700, I couldn't afford what that cost really but the credit card took the hit!).

I did my first ride on Wednesday, which was only 9.5miles, but highly enjoyable. I'm trying to avoid all the hilly areas around where I live, whilst knowing I can't and I shouldn't, but bloody hell, it's hard!

Looking forward to chatting to you all. :ohmy:

PS. I've been reading through the beginners threads and am picking up lots of cycling speak. Is there a dictionary on here somewhere so I can understand exactly what you mean? Eg. spinning, I only know it's a class down my old gym, but get the feeling it's something you do on your bike whilst riding, am I wrong?

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hello Mccbean :ohmy:

Firstly, welcome to CC.

Secondly, spinning is when you pedal at a high tempo in an "easy" or low gear. It is the opposite of "Grinding" which is to push a harder or higher gear!

Thirdly, congrats on the purchase and enjoy your cycling :eek: You will find this place very entertaining and informative. The perfect compliment to those nasty nasty hills!

Regards,
SD

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hello © User3143
And welcome to the site...

I've been to Macclesfield loads of time, nice place, must be hard to avoid the hills there. Had friends who lived in Ranow. Used to frequent the White Lion pub & the one opposite the station. (Cant remember it's name, but the Castle comes to mind)

Top Bottom