Hello From Manchester-ish-type-area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Manc-Chick

Hello,

I've been a lurker for a while (don't be too annoyed!). Can usually be found lugging myself and my panniers up and down the A6 in either direction between Manchester and Poynton. Currently live in Stockport and work in Wilmslow (and a casual Job in Manc centre). Returned from a round the world travel trip about a year ago and decided not to buy another car so am bike (and public transport when hungover) reliant. love it! especially love buying food as fuel instead of petrol!

Look forwards to 'meeting' you all!

Manc-Chick

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
:welcome: to the mad house  :hyper:

Enjoy your stay

squeaky brakes

Über Member
Hi and welcome Manc-Chick

I've will have to keep a look out.

I commute Macc --> Adlington --> Poynton --> Five Ways --> Hazel Grove -->Shaw Heath -->Pyramid

Globalti

Legendary Member
Welcome! Now you need to move to Lancashire, the True North, for some real cycling country!

potsy

Rambler
Hello,

I've been a lurker for a while (don't be too annoyed!). Can usually be found lugging myself and my panniers up and down the A6 in either direction between Manchester and Poynton. Currently live in Stockport and work in Wilmslow (and a casual Job in Manc centre). Returned from a round the world travel trip about a year ago and decided not to buy another car so am bike (and public transport when hungover) reliant. love it! especially love buying food as fuel instead of petrol!

Look forwards to 'meeting' you all!

Manc-Chick

Welcome Manc-Chick,there's a fair few now from this area on here.
Can't say I envy your route up the A6 much,I hate driving that road let alone cycling it,how do you find it?

BinBag

Can't say I envy your route up the A6 much,I hate driving that road let alone cycling it,how do you find it?

Yeah - there are a fair few of us.

I cycle straight up the A6 on my (to be) regular jaunt at the weekends - it's not that bad....would be a nightmare in rush hour though, so hat's off to those that do that.

OP
OP
Manc-Chick

Manc-Chick

Annoying... mostly because of the potholes, and the right turning down towards Poynton. Usually try to miss rush hour if I can... occasionally been know to zip off through Bramhall as well but am trying to keep the milage up a little.

If I'm coming back from town, it's usually extremely late so I have the place to myself (apart from the 192 that I like to race :rolleyes: )

Top Bottom