Hello from Mid Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stul

Veteran
Hi There,

..have been "occasional" cycling for a few years using an old Claud Butler mountain bike a bought for £50.....but have recently fancied a "propoer" roade bike. A work colleague recently sold me his old De Rosa Planet, and I must say I am impressed!

...have completed a couple of my "usual" routes with an easy 25% reduction in times, howeve big hills are a problem without a very low gear.

"New" old bike is really good, however it does sufer from an annoying "click" when pushing hard on the right pedal....ow and the "soft" paint is crap...but the rest of the bike more than makes up for that...I think a re-spray in due course!

Stu

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Hi There,

..have been "occasional" cycling for a few years using an old Claud Butler mountain bike a bought for £50.....but have recently fancied a "propoer" roade bike. A work colleague recently sold me his old De Rosa Planet, and I must say I am impressed!

...have completed a couple of my "usual" routes with an easy 25% reduction in times, howeve big hills are a problem without a very low gear.

"New" old bike is really good, however it does sufer from an annoying "click" when pushing hard on the right pedal....ow and the "soft" paint is crap...but the rest of the bike more than makes up for that...I think a re-spray in due course!

Stu

Hello Stu welcome to the forums. Some of us get together for informal rides around various bits of Wales.Keep an eye on the informal South Wales rides thread if your interested Informal CC rides Wales.Theres a big variety of fitness and experience , its a social ride so noone gets left behind and cafe or pub stops are normal.

You might be able to fit a larger cassette on the back to help with steep hills. Even with my triple chain ring Scott I was running out of gears on the steep bits yesterday on the Abergwesyn road near Llyn Brianne
If you give details of your bike on the know how forum you will get some expert advice before long.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Hi There,

Stu

Welcome Stu, there aren't many members in mid-wales - whereabouts approx. are you ?

I sometimes venture as far south as Newtown, though I know the area well, all the way to Llanidloes.

OP
OP
S

Stul

Veteran
Welcome Stu, there aren't many members in mid-wales - whereabouts approx. are you ?

I sometimes venture as far south as Newtown, though I know the area well, all the way to Llanidloes.

..Hi Pubrunner, I am further south than you...Presteigne, (border country)...

Stu

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Welcome. I'm sometimes to be found in Llanidloes and have a bit of thing for cycling the Abergwesyn road.

Top Bottom