Hello from new member with unidentified bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Everyone,
Joined today, looking forward to learning more about some retro road bikes and accessories, and hopefully get help with identifying my bike!!! And how much it worth.

cheers all!!!!

paul

Attachments

• 5AC14F1D-F06A-4D8F-87F8-A3F5072AAAA1.jpeg
    5AC14F1D-F06A-4D8F-87F8-A3F5072AAAA1.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 10
  • D6BDBB66-DA27-4670-B0AD-D0937594C327.jpeg
    D6BDBB66-DA27-4670-B0AD-D0937594C327.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 10
  • E275264A-0941-47C7-911B-0512455BE8E1.jpeg
    E275264A-0941-47C7-911B-0512455BE8E1.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 9

weareHKR

Hello & :welcome:

OP
OP
prichards1989

prichards1989

Regular
Why do all older bikes appear to have a forward leaning saddle?
To be fair, I did have the saddle leaning forward too much, I have levelled it out this week, following scrutiny from a biking guru at work. 😀

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hi fossvant, yes I have now adjusted to be more level. I actually need a new saddle but need to get something in keeping with the age of the bike.

Any ideas?

paul

Lovely bike BTW. I think that's actually a 'period' saddle. If you want something more modern, but still 'retro' you can't go far wrong with a Charge Spoon - I've just fitted one to my old Ribble 653 that I refurbished. The old 'Regal' saddle was worn.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Really beautiful bike you have there, probably from the mid 90s or thereabouts.
The saddle is an Avocet Spenco racing saddle which would date from about then. You can get new / old stock ones, or you can get Selle Italia Turbo modern reproductions which are that similar look, personally I think it looks "right" for that era and I wouldn't change the saddle type to a modern one.
I've no real idea of value. Depends if it's all genuine and original (and it seems it from those few pictures, the only thing throwing me is that Wilier tended and still tend towards brighter metallic colours, oranges, azure blues etc, and they tend to have Columbus tubing decals which I can't see - Resprayed at some point perhaps?) The groupset looks right, Campag Record (I think) from the 90s. If it's genuinely a Wilier it's worth a good amount.

OP
OP
prichards1989

prichards1989

Regular
Really beautiful bike you have there, probably from the mid 90s or thereabouts.
The saddle is an Avocet Spenco racing saddle which would date from about then. You can get new / old stock ones, or you can get Selle Italia Turbo modern reproductions which are that similar look, personally I think it looks "right" for that era and I wouldn't change the saddle type to a modern one.
I've no real idea of value. Depends if it's all genuine and original (and it seems it from those few pictures, the only thing throwing me is that Wilier tended and still tend towards brighter metallic colours, oranges, azure blues etc, and they tend to have Columbus tubing decals which I can't see - Resprayed at some point perhaps?) The groupset looks right, Campag Record (I think) from the 90s. If it's genuinely a Wilier it's worth a good amount.
Thanks cannuckstraveller, I will research the new old stock items. I think your right, I should probably keep period parts with the bike.
I have emailed wilier direct as suggested by another forum member, so I will see what comes back from them. When I looked for wilier ti frames on the internet, I only ever found brightly painted ones.

thanks for your help, I do hope it is a Wilier.

paul

Top Bottom