Hello from North Tyneside!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm a new member, just saying 'Hello!'

I have a Muddy Fox Courier hand-me-down which I take out for a spin. This evening I rode from Shiremoor along the Waggonway to Silverlink, then along the Coast Road to Tyne Met. I turned around a little after that and headed back, passing through Shiremoor and going up to Earsdon Church on the new tracks. Stopped off at my friend's house and walked her dogs, before riding back home - I saw a black rabbit and some swifts (as well as numerous horses!).

I'm hoping to lose a bit of weight without realising I'm working hard - I went out for a ride earlier in the year and had to keep getting off and walking because I fatigued my legs! I was shocked at how unfit I was, so you can imagine how chuffed I am to be able to ride continuously again now! :cycle:

I reckon I'll be needing some padded gloves soon though. Glad that I have profile handlebars so I can switch grip when my hands start to get sore. Thought my ample behind would be padding enough but it appears not (hence the name). :biggrin:

Would love to know about any groups in North Tyneside who ride together.

:hello: Sadlsor :sad:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hello ™User3143
And welcome to the site...

Hello

Would like to say hello from sunny Oldham. I have been seasonal cycling to work now for four years now. Seasonal because i cannot stand the cold weather. Very unfit the first year but I am amazed at how easily I slip back into keeping fit even at 15 stone. I always lose a stone each year but gain it back during winter.

sally.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Hallo Sadlsor!
Often ride around your neck of the woods. Cycle Route 10 [on the blue direction signs] goes through your area- you can cycle out to Ponteland and beyond [the Reivers Way] from there without going on any roads for miles [except through Earsdon Village] From there you can connect up to the Coast to Coast Route [Cycle path 14 and 72 on the small blue signs you'll see at junctions] which takes you from Royal Quays out past St Peters Basin to Tynemouth and the Quayside and out to Blaydon the other way.

Hope to see you out and about sometime- usually on Sunday mornings [normally leave here at 7am and get back around 10/11 or so].
Chris

Top Bottom