Hello from Notts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

D4VOW

Hi everyone Im dave.

I've been lurking around here for months so thought I'd join in. I've been riding bikes all my life and currently own a Trek 6500 for off road shenanigans and have built up my own fixed gear from a Leader frame for commuting and road riding. Look forward to getting to know you all :tongue:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hi Dave and :tongue:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Welcome from another Nottingham person:becool:
Where about in Nottingham are you?
Another fixed rider here aswell:becool:

OP
OP
D

D4VOW

Joe24 said:
Welcome from another Nottingham person:becool:
Where about in Nottingham are you?
Another fixed rider here aswell:becool:

Thanks everyone.

Hey Joe, same one as on the FB group Nottingham fixed gear? You've got a nice selection of bikes.

Im in Kirkby, near Mansfield, don't venture into the city very often on the bikes.

Joe24

D4VOW said:
Thanks everyone.

Hey Joe, same one as on the FB group Nottingham fixed gear? You've got a nice selection of bikes.

Im in Kirkby, near Mansfield, don't venture into the city very often on the bikes.

Indeed i am, and i do have a few fixed bikes:laugh:
My GF lives over that way, so im around that area alot. More at the place where she lives though(Annaesly Woodhouse) so keep an eye out for me. Im normaly on the blue Langdale when im going there.:becool:
Is the fixed with the black frame and white deep section rims yours thats pictured on the facebook group? If so, i like it :becool:

Joe24

Ill be over that way tomorrow and friday aswell. Im off to the track at forest town tomorrow.

OP
OP
D

D4VOW

Yes that's mine, my first build. I'll keep a look out for you then Joe, I've never been up to the track, what's it like?

bonj2

D4VOW said:
Thanks everyone.

Never mind! :ohmy:

Joe24

D4VOW said:
Yes that's mine, my first build. I'll keep a look out for you then Joe, I've never been up to the track, what's it like?

I didnt go today. I looked at the weather and text my GF and it was raining there:sad:
Ive been to it before to look at(had ice on it) and have been meaning to go for a while but ive either been busy or it has rained when i was going to go.

Heres a link to the track
Could maybe have a few of us go there one time if people are interested and want to have a laugh. You can use a normal bike on it because there is pretty much no banking. Its pretty easy to get to aswell.

OP
OP
D

D4VOW

Sounds like a good idea although it does say seniors need a track bike. Don't seem to be many round here, I've never seen another FG/SS in this area. Come to think of it though, I don't see that many cyclists at all ;)

Joe24

D4VOW said:
Sounds like a good idea although it does say seniors need a track bike. Don't seem to be many round here, I've never seen another FG/SS in this area. Come to think of it though, I don't see that many cyclists at all :laugh:

They are there, they are just on road bikes normaly, and pull out a track bike for the track events

Top Bottom