Hello from Ormskirk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Helidoc

HI Everyone,

I'm David from the land of Wiggo in West Lancashire. Didn't cycle since my teens (now 45), although for the last 5 years I have had a Ridgeback hybrid for summer tow path duty with the kids, bought once upon a time to avoid hiring at CentreParcs. This summer a funny thing happened and all my friends have been driven by herd instinct to get road bikes, and since September I have addicted to my Mekk Poggio 2G on our RTW scheme. I never intended riding to work at the beginning, but now love my opportunities for 14miles each way. Also addicted to cyclemeter on the iphone. Now done 600 miles, including a 100 mile night ride in London. Cyclemeter says thats 32K calories used, and I am 7 Kg lighter and stacks fitter.

Been a bit twitchy as not been out for 3 weeks due to weather, but today its dry and clear, and I am off out for an indulgent 2h.

Can't believe how much I love cycling now

Cheers,

D

wisdom

Guru
Hi and :welcome: from Blackpool

roadrash

cycle chatterer
owdo frum wigin, give us a shout if your coming this way

oilyormo

gettin warmer??
hello helidoc, I bet from your username you're a doctor on an air ambulance? yes?
Or maybe a GP that flies a helicopter?
:welcome:(oilyormo from warrington)

OP
OP
Helidoc

Helidoc

hello helidoc, I bet from your username you're a doctor on an air ambulance? yes?
Or maybe a GP that flies a helicopter?
:welcome:(oilyormo from warrington)

The former in my impetuous youth. Don't have the £ for flying, but can manage bike stuff.

oilyormo

gettin warmer??
that must have been a very exciting / satisfying job. well worth getting up in the morning for

Top Bottom