Hello from Perth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
A belated welcome, Alistair! :hello:,
And congratulations on your new bike, hope you will spend many happy miles together :wub::thumbsup:
Might see you on one of the CC Ecosse rides ...

T

Thank you all for your advice. On Thursday I picked up my Revolution Country Traveller from Edinburgh Bike Co-op. I took it out for my first proper cycle today, a solo 38 mile loop from Perth to Dunkeld and back. It was good fun (despite cycling into a brutal wind on the return leg) and I look forward to getting out again and just hope my legs are working in the morning.
Hi, belated welcome also.
Used to stay in Perth. Now 10 miles out.
Going to Dunkeld, and then Blairgowrie, before returning to Perth is a fantastic run. Dunkeld to Blair is fast. After the nice steep hill that is. ^_^

OP
OP
Alistair Cassidy
Thanks to you both. I am sure you will see me on a CC Ecosse ride at some point.

I would have loved to take in Blairgowrie as well but that would have been pushing it on my first trip out. I returned via Murthly - Stanley - Luncarty. Of course, had I gone the right way out of Pitcairngreen then the trip would not have been quite so far.

If this works then this was my route:

http://app.strava.com/rides/23687971

Fubar

Guru
Thank you all for your advice. On Thursday I picked up my Revolution Country Traveller from Edinburgh Bike Co-op. I took it out for my first proper cycle today, a solo 38 mile loop from Perth to Dunkeld and back. It was good fun (despite cycling into a brutal wind on the return leg) and I look forward to getting out again and just hope my legs are working in the morning.

Heard good reports about the RCT, seems like a great touring bike for the money. Enjoy and hopefully see you on one of the CC Ecosse rides, as others have said. Regards, Mark

OP
OP
Alistair Cassidy
Well first proper ride. I did short distances such as Perth to Luncarty or Pitcairngreen on the mountain bike and covered about 14 miles on Friday on the new bike over the course of the day. There is nothing like just going for it though.

I see there are lots of useful and fun apps for phones. I tracked the Dunkeld run on Endomondo but then imported it across to Strava which I can see could become quite addictive. There are a nice couple of apps on the Sustrans website though, particularly the CycleStreets app. I have been plotting a few routes. My next one might be a bit more tame - perhaps Perth - Tibbermore - Balgowan - Dunning - Forgandenny - Bridge of Earn - Perth. It comes in at just under 28 miles and is probably less hilly than the Dunkeld loop too. Now if only we will get the weather for it...

Leigh73

Hi Alistair, reading your posts is what made me sign up to this forum, seeing how great and friendly everyone was to you! I'm also from Perth, but living in Essex. It's good to hear about your rides and one day I want to return up north with 2 wheels to take in all that magnificent scenery that I never properly appreciated before I moved down south! (no hills down here!!)

Top Bottom