Hello from Reading and Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ds2000

Hi folks, just a very quick introduction. I'm Dave, I'm 28 and have moved to Reading recently with work for a year. I've found cycling beats the morning and evening commutes and also refound my love for it.

I'm not sure how much I'll be posting as really I'm just looking for advice/recommendations on cycle clothing (as its going to be getting cold soon) and getting a good set of lights. A new bike will have to come in the next few months as my poor old Silverfox reflex is 15 years old and the suspension forks completely gone, the brake pads are getting thin and the gripshift needs readjusting too :smile:

Take it easy!

Dave

Norm

Greetings, Dave, from another Dave. :smile:

I was in Reading for a few hours yesterday afternoon / evening, I had an interview there. I'm normally a dozen miles east of you, though, towards Windsor.

For general recommendations on clothing and lights, the search function is your friend. There's 4 (I think) threads currently running on lights and a couple more on wet / cold weather clothing. If you can't find what you seek, ask away, though. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
D

ds2000

Thanks for the welcome folks :smile:

Dave - Reading is quite a nice place, my brother and several friends are in the MoD police and have lived here for 3 or 4 years now so I've been a frequent visitor. Commuting can be a pain, after 7:30am if you're trying to get from North Reading to the Thames Valley Business park the cycle is the only real option (5 miles <20 mins on bike, 5 miles >40 in the car).

I hear Windsor is a nice place but have yet to head that far out, generally at weekends I go back to Wales to see the g/ :smile:

I'll get the old search out and see what I can find. I've sourced some lights on amazon and had a good and search on here, the general consensus being they were pretty good (Lunar 25 Lux front and rears £32). I just need to get a helmet, some cycling clothes and waterproofs, oh yes and service my poorly bike :smile:

Top Bottom