Hello from Somerset!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Evening everyone, I'm Jo and stumbled across this forum whilst googling average cycling speeds. As you do. (Guess who started using her new bike computer today...!)

Anyway, I live in Somerset and started cycling again after ten or so years in January, having given up my car, and am boring my friends rigid with my Tales of Two Wheels.

rusky

CC Addict
Hi Jo & welcome to the forum!

It is nice to be able to get out on a bike, I commute by bike & it's so nice not to have the stress of driving.

What bike have you got??

OP
OP
coffeejo

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Hi rusky.

I've got a Marin Larkspur, which seems to be coping nicely with the potholes and mud that litter the lanes around here. I cycled along a fresh patch of new tarmac this afternoon: I don't think I appreciated how bumpy the roads are until it ended :smile:

forwater

Hi coffeejo! It's always good to see another 'beginner'. With the number of skilled/experienced people around here, it can seem a bit intimidating. I've only been here a few days myself, but let me tell you: they seem like a really great lot, and have been really nice and helpful to me so far. :biggrin:

I wish you the best with your cycling!

OP
OP
coffeejo

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
It's what flows through my veins
biggrin.gif

biglad

Welcome mate. I'm a beginner from up in Liverpool, but I get down to Somerset from time to time with the better half, who's nan lives in Minehead I think. Had a lovely weekend there once where I took the Heritage Railways train. So cool!

Anyways, good to see someone else recently bitten by the bug!

Davidc

Guru
Hi rusky.

I've got a Marin Larkspur, which seems to be coping nicely with the potholes and mud that litter the lanes around here. I cycled along a fresh patch of new tarmac this afternoon: I don't think I appreciated how bumpy the roads are until it ended :smile:

In Somerset?

Don't shout too loud and keep the location a secret - or it'll become a tourist attraction!

Welcome, and as User76 says keep your eyes open for informal rides from time to time. Those strange and mysterious beings from the underworld (a.k.a. Devon) sometimes have them too.

Top Bottom