Hello From South Bucks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Munchkin100

Hi All
Just reading some of the comments and topics on here and looks a good place to be, stumbled onto the website purely by accident and Im glad I did. Im sure I will find my way around soon, with a few prods in the right direction.
Munch
:rolleyes:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Welcome!

Please feel free to wade right in! Get asking/commenting and feel the love :becool:

Have fun.
FF

Klaus

Hi All
Just reading some of the comments and topics on here and looks a good place to be, stumbled onto the website purely by accident and Im glad I did. Im sure I will find my way around soon, with a few prods in the right direction.
Munch
:rolleyes:

Where in South Bucks are you - I am in High Wycombe.
Just riding by myself, on Sundays about 25 - 30 miles arround the area.
Also have a bike at work (don't commute) for quick lunchtime ride, at Ubridge.
Enjoy!!

OP
OP
M

Munchkin100

Hi Klaus
Thanks for your message, Im High Wycombe too. I try and get in around 20 miles on a Saturday or Sunday, but I impressed myself last weekend with 18m on Sat and another 20m on Sun as I wanted to make most of the weather. Only recently got the bike out again after being injured end of last year, when I snapped a calf muscle, so gotta get back to some order of fitness as I will be doing the Palace to Palace again later in the year, and last years summer wardrobe doesnt fit (thats the clothes not the furniture LOL) :-( I am impressed you get a lunchtime ride in, I have a lunchtime stroll around local area I work in Chalfont S P thats about all I get time for.
I sometimes cycle alone, well usually when Im on the road bike as all my mates tend to be into off road cycling, so depends which bike comes out for an airing.
I love your mileage goal hadnt thought of doing that..... oooo where do I set my target LOL Only been out 4 times so far this year and thats in the last 3 weeks 78m thats not v good ... onwards and upwards.... Munch's challenge is about to start.
I think Im gonna like this!

OP
OP
M

Munchkin100

Where in South Bucks are you - I am in High Wycombe.
Just riding by myself, on Sundays about 25 - 30 miles arround the area.
Also have a bike at work (don't commute) for quick lunchtime ride, at Ubridge.
Enjoy!!

Hi Klaus
Thanks for your message, Im High Wycombe too. I try and get in around 20 miles on a Saturday or Sunday, but I impressed myself last weekend with 18m on Sat and another 20m on Sun as I wanted to make most of the weather. Only recently got the bike out again after being injured end of last year, when I snapped a calf muscle, so gotta get back to some order of fitness as I will be doing the Palace to Palace again later in the year, and last years summer wardrobe doesnt fit (thats the clothes not the furniture LOL) :-( I am impressed you get a lunchtime ride in, I have a lunchtime stroll around local area I work in Chalfont S P thats about all I get time for.
I sometimes cycle alone, well usually when Im on the road bike as all my mates tend to be into off road cycling, so depends which bike comes out for an airing.
I love your mileage goal hadnt thought of doing that..... oooo where do I set my target LOL Only been out 4 times so far this year and thats in the last 3 weeks 78m thats not v good ... onwards and upwards.... Munch's challenge is about to start.
I think Im gonna like this!

Not sure if you got this as I forgot to tag it ;( its a learning curve!

Norm

Hey, Munch, welcome to CC. I'm a few miles south of you at the other end of the A404 near Maidenhead.

I've ridden to / through HW a few times, taking time to get over Handy Cross, and I was working near Amersham last year so commuted (just the once) through Chalfont St Giles to get there.

OP
OP
M

Munchkin100

Hey, Munch, welcome to CC. I'm a few miles south of you at the other end of the A404 near Maidenhead.

I've ridden to / through HW a few times, taking time to get over Handy Cross, and I was working near Amersham last year so commuted (just the once) through Chalfont St Giles to get there.

Cant believe anyone would cycle anywhere near Handy Cross...... I would find a 10 mile detour to avoid it..... perhaps I should toughen up a little :-)

Norm

I went up the Wycombe Road from Marlow Bottom and past the Rebellion Brewery. It's quieter than the A404 and easier to stop. Hey, it was to take a phone call, and absolutely nothing to do with my legs giving out - honestly! :whistle:

I came back down the A404, though, down that lovely long hill and off onto the A4155 to come home through Bourne End. I was on the MTB as well :ohmy: I think I hit the terminal velocity of those tyres. :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

Munchkin100

I went up the Wycombe Road from Marlow Bottom and past the Rebellion Brewery. It's quieter than the A404 and easier to stop. Hey, it was to take a phone call, and absolutely nothing to do with my legs giving out - honestly! :whistle:

I came back down the A404, though, down that lovely long hill and off onto the A4155 to come home through Bourne End. I was on the MTB as well :ohmy: I think I hit the terminal velocity of those tyres. :biggrin:

Still think your crazy Norm..... and on a MTB!, you like to make it hard for yourself. Mind you I did loads of training on my MTB on road, so when I got the road bike out for the London to Brighton it was a walk in the park!... ok that was 3 years ago, think anything would kill me at the moment.... fitness level zero :sad: but working on it :smile:

Top Bottom