Hello from South Lincolnshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marko

Good evening

Well I am almost 40 and since giving up smoking a few years ago I have been slowly (but surely) adding on the pounds to the point where something has to give.

Now the annoying thing is that my wife and I eat the same things at the same time. The difference is that she walks my son to school and back each day (that's 3 miles a day) and I sit at a desk all day. As such she is 8 stone and I am 18!!!

Clearly I need to get active

So with the arrival of the cycle to work scheme a few weeks ago I have decided that a bike is what I need to start the long path of getting back into shape. I am now the owner of a Trek 7300

My starting goal is to ride a minimum of 5 miles a night EVERY NIGHT and then move up from there. I am now 2 weeks into this and so far have done this 13 nights out of the last 14 (I was away one night) so the commitment is holding.

So expect loads of questions (of varying levels of dumbness)

BikeShapedObject

Formerly austin-towers
Hello ;)

wooly wheels

Hi M@rk,welcome from Long Sutton Lincs. I come from a family that put on weight easily too and although exercise is essential you also need to do that difficult thing and change your eating habits my sister has lost 3 stone this year by eating healthily (low fat)during the week and having anything she likes on Sunday ,this stops the desperate deprived feeling and gives something to look foreward to.I'm sorry to say that after a month cycling tour of Provence ,carrying camping gear etc .and cycling all of most days I was fitter and had bigger muscles but no slimmer!!

If you don't give up and you don't give in you might jist be OK.(Mike and the Mechanics)

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I can see the (imminent) day when we yellowbellies will rule the forum! Just take it quietly and slowly so the southern fraternity don't notice. Lincolnshire plumb bread will become the required carbs of the masses. Cleethorpes will become the new St Tropez (probably), and the Humber Bridge will become an extension of the EU border (possibly).

Power will be ours!!!!!!!! (Cue maniacal laughter).

Top Bottom