hello from southampton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulb_72

Regular
hello all,

i just joined your forum,and im looking forward to getting to know everyone.

a bit about me: my name is paul,im 39 and i live in southampton,i have just decided to do the london to brighton cycle ride for the british heart foundation next year so i thought here would be a great place to start.i haven't been on a bike for as long as i can remember but i thought i would do the ride as a goal i set for myself.i am doing it on a road racer (i think thats what its called,like i said "its been a while") i have just bought a viking giro d'italia,its not the most expensive bike i know but it seems alright for what i paid,i aim to get a more expensive bike before the ride.

anyway thats a bit about me,i look forward to talking to you.

paul.

Atomic_18

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

That sounds like a great goal to set yourself. And I am sure you will really enjoy being back on a bike too. So best of luck with your plan, and I hope it all works out.

I am not too far from you, I am down in Park Gate, but most of my riding is to/from work (Havant).

I believe there are a few more local people on here too! Hope you enjoy getting back into biking - I have an it's really rewarding :smile:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Hi & :welcome: to CC I'm just north of you

Considering he's in Southampton, that doesn't make you special :whistle: ;)

Another welcome from me, 12 miles up the M3, or 20 miles through the beautiful lanes of Hampshire. Once you're out of the City you'll find you're close to some fabulous cycling country. The New Forest is ideal, and the lumps and bumps around my way will soon have you fit (although it doesn't seem to work for me :sad: )

Like Atomic says, Southampton and the twiddly coast bits nearby seem to have a large number of CC members, so you've a good chance of meeting a fellow forumer in real life sooner or later. Don't forget to check out the informal rides section - there's usually a couple a year that cover Hampshire and it's all very friendly.

Top Bottom