Hello from Sunny Devon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Red Robbo

Well, just discovered you guys so here goes.
I'm an expatriot Scouser living on the North Devon coast. Just getting back into cycling after a break of over 10 years! Have back and neck trouble so need to take it easy.
Was a keen MTBer but now just do the gentle stuff on my Giant, but have just purchased a lovely Scott P3 (hybrid) for going a little faster along the scenic Tarka Trail and to get in some fitness improving road miles.
Also like to spin in the gym.
My aim is to build up to a 60miler in the summer of 2011, maybe from Exeter to North Devon or if all goes well may even try the Coast to Coast run from Plymouth to Barnstaple.
Wish me luck!

wobbler

Hello Red Robbo,
I only joined yesterday, so this is all a bit new to me too. Sounds like you have some nice routes to ride along where you are. I've got creaky joints and take Glucosamine tablets (horse strength 1500mg) I take about 4 after a trip on the bike and all the aches and pains fade away. Good luck with your build up for your summer run.
ATB
Rich

Hi RR ( at a guess you will be pleased by todays result) - and welcome.

You should be able to rattle off a 60 without too much difficulty, but good luck anyway.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Sunny Devon, eh: "Where it rains six days out of seven". There used to be a club with the splendid name of Barnstaple Imperial Wheelers, but now they're just North Devon CC. Might be worth getting in touch with. Depending where you are, Minehead CC also do touring style club runs. There are active CTC sections up there as well. Google Devon CTC. I have a few routes that visit N Devon, but usually a bit more than 60 miles.

Top Bottom