Hello from sunny (& dry) California!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

BigT

Regular
This is my current bike. I've since replaced that crummy foam seat pad with a Ventisit.
I also added a light mount to the derailleur post, using a steering stem from a DF.

2009 Giro 20/20. It was originally a Giro-26.
I kept the longer forks to keep the pedals away from the front wheel/tire, and to maintain proper steering geometry.

It's a bit twitchy now, and it's hell on bumps, but it's still fun to ride and has a unique look. :crazy:

I'm currently trying to decide if I want to order a brand new HP Velotechnik SpeedMachine.
I rode a StreetMachine for 16 years, so I know what to expect.................. A lot of annoying chain-tube noise. :laugh:

Edit: I found a current picture. That last one with the ducks was taken about a month ago (07/03)

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1382.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1382.jpeg
    204.1 KB · Views: 4
  • fullsizeoutput_13a7.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_13a7.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 5
  • fullsizeoutput_1445.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1445.jpeg
    271.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Very cool looking bike. I love the color. I have never ridden any type of recumbent before, although I have admired numerous of them on trails. Pre-pandemic, I would ride a certain trail called Rock Creek Trail here in Maryland and would pass a guy on his recumbent heading the opposite direction almost every day. He sported a very large brim straw hat, and needless to say looked very “laid-back.“. Although I can’t even imagine what they feel like to ride one, it seems like a really cool ride. I will definitely have to try one some day if the opportunity arises. :okay:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hello! I’m a Brit but we moved back to the UK 4 years ago after 7 years in the Bay Area (Foster City) so it’s lovely to have you here @BigT!! How I miss cycling in the sunshine in the Bay Area!

OP
OP
B

BigT

Regular
Hello! I’m a Brit but we moved back to the UK 4 years ago after 7 years in the Bay Area (Foster City) so it’s lovely to have you here @BigT!! How I miss cycling in the sunshine in the Bay Area!
I just rode through Foster City, on the SF Bay Trail, last Saturday. Sunny and very windy on that day. Lots of kite surfers out.

Top Bottom