Hello from Sussex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sepia535

Regular
Hi Y'all,
Been lurking for a bit and it looks like a really nice community you have here...so I decided to put my typing finger to keyboard and join up :smile:

Been away from the saddle for some 25 years now (last bike was a bmx back in the mid 80's) but in March this year , after much nagging from a few mates, the missus and annoyingly the kids telling me I needed to lose a few pounds and get fit, I bought myself a hardtail MTB. I now have a new found love for cycling again, lost just over 2 stone and have just done the London to Brighton off road bike ride, much to the amazement of said mates and missus (kids werent fussed btw). I am now looking at getting into road riding too so will probably be posting some ridiculously daft questions about road bikes etc in the very near future..so be kind to a born again newb lol.

paul04

Über Member
Welcome to the website:smile: well done on losing the weight, it does make you feel better within yourself, you will find loads of advice/info on here.

Hi and :welcome:

You don't realise how unfit you are until you get back on the road again - good luck.

Road bikes are now much lighter, the wheels and tyres a lot better and bar based shifters make everything easy - better get saving up though!

Octet

Veteran
Welcome to the forum!
Congrats on loosing the few, ask a way and I'm sure someone shall be able to answer.

OP
OP
sepia535

sepia535

Regular
Thanks for the welcome peeps. I am based in Fairwarp (just on the edge of the Ashdown Forest) Great area for road riding with plenty of hills to get a sweat on...and not too far from the South Downs where I spend my time on my MTB. Looking at a couple of road bikes this weekend so hopefully get in some tarmac mile munching before Monday!

Top Bottom