hello from the black country

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mick h

Hi. From good old dudley. Having giving up smoking after 30 yrs I thought getting back on a bike might help repair some of the damage so I went down my shed and found my old and I mean old 5 speed out not loking to bad so I thought I'd take up cycling

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
:welcome:. Enjoy the exercise and soon you'll be longing for something faster. I've got my 30 year old 12 speed. Weighs a ton but will have to do for the time being.
What is your old 5 speed. Lets have some pics.

StuartG

slower but further
The bike to the left was built 34 years ago in Birmingham with a saddle from Smethwick. 5 speed with a double clanger.

Dudley ... I was brought up in Tividale and lived and worked in Brierley Hill (Round Oak steel works before it became the Merry Hill Shopping Centre). A hilly place and good training to living on the side of the biggest hill in South London (Crystal Palace) for the past 26 years.

My ambition is to cycle back to the Black Country in a single day. Well over the ton ... and I only started cycling again 3 years ago so maybe we will meet half way some day?

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Welcome Mick. Stourbridge resident here. I gave up smoking 3 years ago after 30 years and i'm comfortably doing 6000 miles a year. If i can do it anybody can !!

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Will put some pics on over the weekend. Stuart what's a double clanger I hope you manage that ride it sounds like a good un
Double Clanger is the term for a crankset with 2 chainrings. It turns the 5 speed to a 10 speed. It's a term I've not heard for years. Today you would get a double, or a triple.

OP
OP
mick h

mick h

Oh by the way my bikes a halfords ventura

Top Bottom