Hello from the Czech Republic.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tarmac cruncher

Hi.. Im Martin..Im from the UK but currently living in the CZ Republica..
Im 42 years YOUNG!!.. I got into road riding through Spinning at my local DW Fitness Center in the UK. I bought my first bike just 6 months ago and started long distance cycling. I normaly ride between 50 and 100 miles on an average ride out, any less just dosnt cut it for me. Unfortunatly in May..the 29th.. I had a seriouse accident on my Defy 2 2011mod.. i came off the bike in a country lane and broke ALL my ribs on the right side and puncherd my lung. After only 2 weeks in hospital i signed myself out and whent straight back to my gym and continude my road riding, i was more worryed about losing my fitness than the 6 broken ribs that hadnt repaired at the time. 7 month on and i still have 2 compleatly snapped ribs & to add insult to injury back in early november i came off AGAIN and broke 2 ribs on the left side..these Have fixed but i took the advice not to ride for a while till i get my other 2 on the right side surgicaly stabalised. But to be honest i still ride..its as simple as this really.. I have broke ALL but a couple of ribs anyway so if i fall and break the others then what does it matter.. My legs are my assets not my ribs :whistle:
Yes i am on a Mission..just a few years ago i was 19stone..i lost a stone a month by spinning..in may i was 13stone but because of the orders from the doc and MORE so by the Missis im back upto 15 stone..this is only a minor set back :thumbsup: My mission is to ride the Lands End to Johna Grotes in less than a week..4 days at the most i hope but hopfully a whole lot quicker, for my own satisfaction.!!
Martin :bicycle:

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Welcome Martin, you're in a lovely part of the world. Sounds like you've had a bit of a rough time of it, hope all goes well. Keep us informed of your LEJOG adventure when it happens.

Paul

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Dobre den ! (i think thats the correct way to spell it ! ) Great country,used to drive over every year before my little angels were born to watch the rallying in Mlada Boleslav in a very old 1977 Skoda 120..happy days ! Hope you get up to fitness,some good roads over there.....not sure on the driving though,are head on collisions still high on the fatality lists ? Many times we saw bus overtake truck whilst being overtaken by a car :eek:

OP
OP
Tarmac cruncher

Tarmac cruncher

Ah Ahoj Dobry fecher :thumbsup: this is good evening lol..yes Dobry Den is the corret turm for good day :thumbsup:
I totaly commend you on your comment of the driving standards here..Its outragouse to say the VERY VERY least..Especially if your a UK driver with a UK plate number.!! Does the turm STRIGHT LINE Drivers and a nation of drunks bring back any memorys HAHAHAHA...... In the fog the come up behind you and sit 1 meter on your tail till you pull over for them. Recently a driver over took me in a 50 km zone.. I followed him to the other side of our village and over took him in a 50 km zone just out of interest to his reaction and i was met with a VERY LONG LOUD HORN and wave of abuse lol but i just laughed at him ^_^ I live in Kopidlno 17 km from Jicin and around 45 minutes from Praha. The Skoda still rules the roads here. Im from the North West United Kingdom and Im back home in January.. BRING ON THE BACON SARNIES.. I hate salami.. Salami Salami Salami..I hate the Stuff. Have you ever had Salami and custard .?? Nore me.. A line has to be drawn somewhere lol.
Kindest Regards
Martin.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
We know Jicin or Chicken as we used to call it ! Not too far from Mlada Boleslav.Drinking is a national past time in Czech i thought,we once saw a guy driving from Praha with what looked like a glass (Bohemia chrystal of course ! ) full of the spirit of his choice ! Just mad !!!
I like the different bread and ham you can buy for snacks but i agree a good bacon sarnie rules !
Skoda are a very strong brand which is a far cry from when i had the old rear engined cars which were laughed at but they never let me down on all the trips i did to Czech,great cars and i miss my old Rapid and 120 !

Top Bottom