Hello from the Ribble Valley

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rumeigg

Time to say hello.
Morning / Afternoon everyone, I,m David, from Clitheroe in the Ribble Valley,Lancashire.

Im 47 and had been away from cycling for a long time, until I bought a bike last year on my employers CTW scheme.
Making up for lost time and try not to think of all the years I missed out.
Having a blast and look forward to getting out on my bike every day.

Best Wishes to all

David

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi David. Welcome to CC!

I like the Ribble Valley. A group of us get together from time to time and ride over there from Hebden Bridge, or alternatively drive to Spring Wood picnic centre above Whalley and start our ride from there.

You'd be welcome to come along with us. If you are interested, keep an eye on the informal rides forum. If you search for "Waddington" or "Bowland" in that forum you will find details of some of our previous rides.

OP
OP
R

Rumeigg

Thanks for the info,Colin - Im only 10 mins from Spring Wood - will keep an eye on the forum and hopefully join you
Regards
David
Hi David. Welcome to CC!

I like the Ribble Valley. A group of us get together from time to time and ride over there from Hebden Bridge, or alternatively drive to Spring Wood picnic centre above Whalley and start our ride from there.

You'd be welcome to come along with us. If you are interested, keep an eye on the informal rides forum. If you search for "Waddington" or "Bowland" in that forum you will find details of some of our previous rides.

ColinJ

Hello and welcome
My brother-in-law lives not far from you: West Bradford.
He doesn't cycle though.
He ought to start! ;)

Some of his local scenery ...

bowland_fells_wide.jpg

ribble-valley-wide.jpg

trough_of_bowland_wide.jpg

waddington-fell-descent-north-side-wide.jpg

ColinJ

N0. 2 is one of my fave views - Pendle behind u,Downham to left and views all the way to the 3 Peaks - Gods country :smile:
The first time I rode over there was on a super sunny day with a bright blue sky and I stopped just above where I took that photo (which was clearly taken on a less sunny day!) and soaked in that view for about 10 minutes.

E11a

Welcome, David. The Ribble Valley's brilliant for cycling and walking so you won't be short of lovely rides or nice stops (the cafe in Chipping and Whalley abbey spring to mind).

Top Bottom