Hello from the west midlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, long- time lurker on cycle chat so i thought i'd better get signed up.Started cycling about ten years ago when the wife and kids and myself all got bikes and a copy of cycling without traffic(Midlands) by Nick Cotton..(not the guy from Eastenders..well i don't think so!) As the name suggests it gave details of loads of traffic free routes in the midlands, which were great as the kids were only very young at the time.Anyway we cycled most of the routes.... then the kids grew up and didn't want to anymore :sad:...

... slight change to my cycling in 2008 ..went from leisure cyclist to commuter, felt crazy at first leaving the car on the drive and cycling the massive SIX miles to work :angry: but began to love it, as others have said i used to look forward to home time just for the commute! Did a fair few hundred miles on my old Trakatak from hawk cycles, then decided i wanted a new bike in 2009. I went to my LBS, money was a bit tight so opted for a Giant Rock mtb...yes i know better now but it was just before i discovered cyclechat ! The Giant got the full commuterisation, rack,mudguards city jet tyres (bit of a disaster those) so nice new bike,then a week later i tore my calf muscle (not cyclng related). Months of physio followed and i was banned from the bike and didn't really start cycling again until early last year :wahhey:...well thats about it, hope nobody dropped off whilst reading :thumbsup: and many thanks for all the tips i've picked up..so far

cheers from paul

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Hello from further South in the West Midlands. Glad to hear that you are back where you belong - on a bike!!

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Hi
wave.gif
. I'm also from the Midlands. Live in the East but work in West Midlands at the mo.

Have you put yourself on the Member Map yet?

OP
OP
marshmella

marshmella

Guru
Hi
wave.gif
. I'm also from the Midlands. Live in the East but work in West Midlands at the mo.

Have you put yourself on the Member Map yet?

Hi thanks for the welcome, yes just put myself on the member map.:hello:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hi cyberknight, thought i read somewhere that you were from Burton, Staffs, but your location says Derbyshire, apologies if i got it wrong.

Well i say Burton , but thats the nearest town that anyone may have heard off .

I am really from Newhall , South Derby shire

And thanks for remembering me :hugs:

OP
OP
marshmella

marshmella

Guru
Well i say Burton , but thats the nearest town that anyone may have heard off .

I am really from Newhall , South Derby shire

And thanks for remembering me :hugs:

Right got you now, done a fair bit of cycling up your neck of the woods Staffs/Derbyshire, lovely area, nice to escape the black country once in a while.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hello from London

Though originally Brummie grew up in West Mids.

Glad to hear you're back in the saddle and welcome to CC!

Top Bottom