Hello from W. Oxon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tokwitney

Hello everyone..I'm a long time lurker on the forum but first time poster..
I'm a 46yr old returney to cycling...After many years of not owning a bike my 6yr old daughter has just learnt to ride a 'big bike' without stabilisers & she wants to go out on it all the time.So I thought I would get a cheap mb off e-bay to accompany her round our village.The bike I got was rubbish,but it re-ignited the memories of my youth out on the 'road'.so I borrowed a friends Giant OCR & went for a ride with him,& I couldnt believe how great modern bikes are now...
So today I have bought my own Allez sport & will be hitting the roads a lot more now,getting fitter & enjoying myself...

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hello everyone..I'm a long time lurker on the forum but first time poster..
I'm a 46yr old returney to cycling...After many years of not owning a bike my 6yr old daughter has just learnt to ride a 'big bike' without stabilisers & she wants to go out on it all the time.So I thought I would get a cheap mb off e-bay to accompany her round our village.The bike I got was rubbish,but it re-ignited the memories of my youth out on the 'road'.so I borrowed a friends Giant OCR & went for a ride with him,& I couldnt believe how great modern bikes are now...
So today I have bought my own Allez sport & will be hitting the roads a lot more now,getting fitter & enjoying myself...

Welcome from sunny Abingdon.
Well done on buying a good road-bike, you'll not regret your decision!
Enjoy.

OP
OP
T

tokwitney

Thanks for the welcome...
going to my lbs on sat to get shoes,helmet,water bottle etc then it out on the road.....My gf & daughter are away the week after next so I am going to really enjoy the bike & get some miles under my belt..

Hello Tok and welcome to the forum!

Another of our forumers, Cranky, lives in Witney and I meet up with him in the Cross Keys for lunch and a few beers when I'm visiting my brother in Carterton when I'm back home from time to time.

Might see there you one day; in the meantime, enjoy the forum and being out on the road!

OP
OP
T

tokwitney

Hello Tok and welcome to the forum!

Another of our forumers, Cranky, lives in Witney and I meet up with him in the Cross Keys for lunch and a few beers when I'm visiting my brother in Carterton when I'm back home from time to time.

Might see there you one day; in the meantime, enjoy the forum and being out on the road!

I used to live in Witney,but know live in Bampton..Hopefully i might bump into Cranky or yourself on the road some time.

Top Bottom