Hello from wooly Northumberland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bingledee

Afternoon everyone, its fathers day today, and yesterday I received my £550 LOC for the cycle2work scheme, unfortunately its tied to Halfords but am sure I can find a decent bike. which means i can treat myself to a bike and get into this cycling lark

Am looking to start racking up the road miles so I can build up to the long commutes to work, but also wanted to have a little bit of off-road fun... originally i was going to go for the Boardman Hybrid Comp at £499, but am now thinking about going for the Boardman MTB http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165499

all the Boardmans seem to have good reviews

unless someone can recommend another bike through Halfords.

looking forward to reading the threads, hitting the road, and having some fun on the bike blasting thorugh a few trails, theres plenty of places to go round here

Helly79

I also had to go to Halford for my C2W Scheme, I really like the boardman MTB sport but I went for the Carrera Fury was at the time £499.99 which was in my price range and had some of the same features as the Boardman MTB sport. When you do get your bike make sure they have tighten all the nuts and bolts up as I found out that my Crank was really loose. Lucky I found out before I had a nasty accident!

OP
OP
B

bingledee

Helly79 said:
I also had to go to Halford for my C2W Scheme, I really like the boardman MTB sport but I went for the Carrera Fury was at the time £499.99 which was in my price range and had some of the same features as the Boardman MTB sport. When you do get your bike make sure they have tighten all the nuts and bolts up as I found out that my Crank was really loose. Lucky I found out before I had a nasty accident!

thanks! some sound advice, someone else on a different forum also recommended the Specialized Rockhopper, though its just a smidge above the 550 i got from C2W, plus its in Evans, so Halfords would need to order it. Is it likely they would order one in?

the fury does leave me with a little bit of spare cash to get some accessories though....

as i said, am looking at something that could be used to get a few road miles each day, as well as a bit fo fun off-road

Helly79

bingledee said:
thanks! some sound advice, someone else on a different forum also recommended the Specialized Rockhopper, though its just a smidge above the 550 i got from C2W, plus its in Evans, so Halfords would need to order it. Is it likely they would order one in?

the fury does leave me with a little bit of spare cash to get some accessories though....

as i said, am looking at something that could be used to get a few road miles each day, as well as a bit fo fun off-road

The probably do as when I spoke to one of the girls in the store she said they can order in any bike. Specialized bikes are suppose to be good quality, I went with a carera because my old bike is a carera and is still going strong at the age of 15. Have you read any reviews, Bike radar help me with my decision.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Hallo and welcome...

Boardman bikes are generally good value for money, the downside is that Halfrauds are not good with bikes. With any bike you buy from Halfrauds, take it some where reputable and get it checked over before you ride it...

OP
OP
B

bingledee

Helly79 said:
The probably do as when I spoke to one of the girls in the store she said they can order in any bike. Specialized bikes are suppose to be good quality, I went with a carera because my old bike is a carera and is still going strong at the age of 15. Have you read any reviews, Bike radar help me with my decision.

to be honest, am swamped with reviews now, almost going blind looking through them......cant see the wood for the trees, so to speak!!

its all good fun, just want to make sure i spend my Cycletowork voucher wisely

Top Bottom