Hello hello <<<newbie from Northampton.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hels_bels

Regular
Hello!

After much persistence from my fiancé, last weekend I picked up my first 'proper' bike. Specialized Myka Sport. She's very mean looking!!

I'm not a confident cyclist, very far from it, although I do remember summer holidays spent going off on my bike for hours on end with my friends. As I've got older I've gotten more and more nervous.

Anyway, after my cheap and cheerful halfords number kept falling apart I decided to try a proper bike!!

Went out for a 2hr pretty easy ride on Friday, no hitches and it was quite fun.

I have a wedding dress to get into in 14months, Myka is going to be used ALOT.

Anyone got any tips for me?!

simon.r

Person
Anyone got any tips for me?!

Make sure the pre-nup agreement specifies who gets Myka^_^

Welcome!

Good luck Hels Bels, I am a relative newbie, returning to cycling a year or so ago. Some nice rides around Northampton and an excellent cycle path network.........enjoy!

OP
OP
H

Hels_bels

Regular
Thanks guys!

Steve I have the cycle network route map!

Can't wait until we get the roof bars so we can go further a field, I don't like through town riding very much!

Have you ridden round pitsford Steve?

hels_bells, have not ridden round it, but have walked round quite a bit and it seems a good ride, though a lot of riders use MTBs rather than a hybrid like I have. The path that I have seen though is relatively smooth and flat.
Bought my bike from Pitsford too, would recommend you pop in there for a browse before or after !!

hi Hels

lovely roads to the south of you, trouble is, if yoiu go through salcey forest, theres the cafe see picture attached, may not help with the wedding dress fitting but it will give you the extra incentive ^_^

enjoy your new bike

Attachments

• IMAG1219.jpg
    IMAG1219.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 20

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Welcome :smile:

I don't often cycle towards Northampton, I always seem to find too many hills for my liking. Salcey Forest Cafe does have amazing cake though and Stoke Bruerne is a really nice stop in the summer too (canal path is a puncturefest though).

Top Bottom