Hello, help needed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Villae85

Hi looking at buying my first road bike but need some advice for people who have actually ridden!

Have been offered an orbea Gavia ashpalt for £400. Again not sure whether this good or not?

I'm also getting conflicting views on what size I need (being 6ft tall with a 33" inside leg). The bike in question is a 58cm frame.

I have also been told that new bikes under £500 aren't worth considering, hence looking at second hand, and also been known to go through stages of new things never to try again

All help will be greatly received

Thanks

rollinstok

Hi and welcome,
It would be best if you could take a friend who knows about road bikes with you to give the bike a once over before commiting.
There are perfectly capable bikes for around £500 but buying a far higher spec used bike in good condition makes sense..if you decide its not for you, your not going to take a big hit financially.
In my opinion ( for what its worth ) a 56cm bike would have the edge but 58cm might feel right for you..is it possible to have a quick try before you buy ?..again a friend would help here.
Hope you end up with a bargain.

Pedal pusher

Veteran
Welcom I have just bought a Claud Butler critirum and this is my first bike. If I like cycling(and I think I will) then I can buy something with a higher spec

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hi looking at buying my first road bike but need some advice for people who have actually ridden!

I have also been told that new bikes under £500 aren't worth considering, hence looking at second hand, All help will be greatly received

Thanks
Thats shops trying to get a sale! nowt wrong with bikes around that price the allez won best on test in c+ this month.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
hi...£500 should get you a reasonable ride...I'm 6'4" and ride a 61cm bianchi....I'd takea guess that a 56/58 should be ok...but as per above you really should go sit on it and get it fitted...

Blue

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Top Bottom