Hello I'm HOOKED!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Powely

Hi,

I've already made a couple of post in the beginners section so thought I better introduce myself. I'm Al, just got into cycling properly this month after clocking up a few miles in Oz on a hybrid a few years ago and have been threatening to get a road bike ever since. But now I've got the motivation to do after I've agreed to do a charity ride from Paris to London next year in aid of Alder Hey who have been amazing looking after my mates newborn. My longest ride so far is only 20 miles so I've got a fair way to go yet so I'll probably be looking for tips from here to help me get to where I need to be.

I am addicted to getting out on my bike already (well on nice days anyway, not suffered the rain as yet) and Strava has me hooked too. I've also managed to get 4/50 on one segment already....and I AM very proud of it! ;)

Al

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
:welcome: Hello. The more you do the more addictive it becomes. Good luck with the ride.

Berties

Fast and careful!
Welcome along,you will want to go faster further and the bug gets worse ! Good luck in the Paris spin

JDM

Regular
Hello, im new here too and people seem nice also.

Lol at the moment u said ur name is Al it instantly reminded me Al Bundy. Sorry just had to get it off my chest i hope i didn't offend you somehow :biggrin:

OP
OP
Powely

Powely

It is Al Bundy...How did you know?

Top Bottom