Hello, I'm Lynn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LynnA

Hi Everyone,

I'm Lynn and I live near Canterbury in Kent. I've reached the big 40 and commute to London for work, so not leaving much time for anything else.

I'm reasonably new to road cycling - I do a 10 mile round trip commute to the station each day and the odd 20 milers, but last year, having read about the Etape Caledonia decided that I would do it. I registered on the first day registration opened :biggrin:

However, here we are relatively close to the event and I haven't been out seriously on the road :evil: I did a triathlon before Christmas and haven't done much else since. I'm seriously worried now. Would appreciate some kind words to get my butt off the sofa!

I bought a racing bike in September - an Orbea Aqua and it has been kitted out specifically with the Etape in mind.

Please be kind!!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
HI LynneA and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you on board. We have a good few people in the Mighty Kingdom of Kent so you are not alone...

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Hallo and welcome....

Are you planning on joining the CC team in the Etape? I am sure you will be welcome to tag along.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:hello: LynnA and :biggrin: to CC :biggrin:

Congratulations on entering the Etape ! It's a lovely route, scenic and not too challenging.

If you have managed to get off the sofa ;) and do some riding :bicycle:, you should aim to build up your distances steadily (add about 10% each week and take an 'easy' week every 4th one) and include a few hills and you'll not have any difficulties. [he says glibly :laugh:]

Don't worry about going too fast - there will be plenty of greyhounds to keep you company :biggrin:. Equally, don't worry about being too slow as you will get a massive speed benefit from riding in a group and from the closed roads :wahhey:.

I've ridden around the area before but this will be my first Etape, so you are not alone amongst CC folk. [and some of the guys doing it whom I know, well ...... it's not a race for everyone .... :biggrin:]

Happy :wacko: !

Top Bottom