Hello People.!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,i am not too clued up on fixies. ive only done three rides on mine , this week, as i promised myself that once i achieved an average of 17mph around where i live , which is not flat,then id get a fixie.
I came from years and years of mountain bike riding only on July 14th last year onto a road bike and its take me a year to get up to 17mph average on my geared racer and then i got the fixie , first ride 15.2 average., second 16.6, third 17.2 !!
I am falling in love with fixed gear cycling as its man versus hill., you either get up it or you dont. To date ive never been beaten any hill on any bike., it will happen one day., but not today., lol.!
I just bought a viking citifix as i dont know whats a good one or whats not., it weighs about as much as my jeep and scares the crap out of me as much going down hills. But for this month i will be riding fixed all the time. I absolutely love it , can't praise them enough!
I call my fixie The PainGiver as after my first ride which was only an hour long , i could barely walk or even stand s straight for the rest of the day.!
Three rides in and the pain is getting less and less each time and im getting faster , tomorrow i aim for 25 miles with one hill that's the best part of 2.5 miles long., only 4% with a couple of dips in it for a slight break.!
Wish me luck.!
Cheers
Liam

Hop3y

Padiham Commuter
Welcome! :bicycle:

0lonerider

Veteran
helloooo

OP
OP
T

The PainGiver

Welcome liam...your awesome :smile:

Thank you kind sir.!

I am as it happens, i was diagnosed with ms 28 years ago and couldn't walk 100 yards before my legs collapsed, so i purposely got myself a job as a dustman and forced myself to walk! Now in just as stupid as i ever was but im still this side of the mud and every day above the mud is a good day !!!

But i am not narcisistic and love myself, i just never shut up and inane babble spouts out of me like im Old Faithful the world famous geezer!

Top Bottom