Hello there, a new 'un from Sheffield...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

perplexed

Guru
Just a quick hello from a new user from South Yorkshire. I'm a hybrid user, using my bike mainly for commuting. No great distance, but it works for me!

I don't know about other areas, but Sheffield seems to have seen quite an increase in the volume of bike traffic, despite the hills. Of which there are lots. And lots. And lots...

I can only imagine that the flatter parts of the UK must have seen an even greater increase in cycle traffic. I don't know about other members, but it always heartens me to see folks peddling round. In fact, the suns come out, I've done what I need to do at home, so I think I'll drag the old girl out of the garage...:biggrin:

hotmetal

Hi from a fellow noob on this forum. Hope you enjoyed your ride. Down here (Windsor) it's absolutely tipping it down.

simon a r

Hello and welcome, Hills and you have Tram lines too, and freind from Barnsley way was never to keen on riding near or across those, here in West Yorkshire I only have to contend with hills.

S_t_e_v_e

Veteran
Hi there!

Nice to see the sun out this afternoon and went riding around some country lanes. Saw just one other guy out...

For every uphill, there's a downhill :-)

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Welcome from another dee-dar. I agree, there does seem to be quite a lot of cyclists blossoming out of nowhere the last three or so weeks. One has to be careful though because a lot of the cyclists live in the same areas.

Tram fayres going up to £3.50 and buses to £4.30 might have something to do with it...

OP
OP
perplexed

perplexed

Guru
Thanks all for the warm welcome!

I must have a had a rush of blood to the head, because I even cleaned the bike before I set off... :biggrin:

bauldbairn

Welcome to the CC forums perplexed. :blush:

There are quite a few people from Sheffield on this site. ;)

Have you been to the "new" Sheffield Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative shop yet?

OP
OP
perplexed

perplexed

Guru
bauldbairn said:
Welcome to the CC forums perplexed. :smile:

There are quite a few people from Sheffield on this site. ;)

No, not yet, only heard of it a few days ago. I'll pop in when I get a moment or three...:laugh:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
bauldbairn said:
Welcome to the CC forums perplexed. :laugh:

There are quite a few people from Sheffield on this site. :laugh:

Poor show really on that one I'm afraid, they are supposed to be a serious bicycle shop and only install two badly installed sheffield stands at the entrance and it is unclear whether the other ones there recently installed belong to them or tescos. Really big thumbs down from me.

bauldbairn

marinyork said:
Poor show really on that one I'm afraid, they are supposed to be a serious bicycle shop and only install two badly installed sheffield stands at the entrance.

Well your not alone there - the original shop at the Meadows in Embra(25miles from my house) has crap parking aswell. ;)
There's a cycle path from my house direct to the door of EBC and I can't use it for the 50 mile round trek - because I can't be guaranteed a parking space(or the chance of one) when I get there.
Maybe Embra CC members could suggest somewhere?
The really annoying thing is that there is loads of park/green space around the shop - you would think the council and EBC could come to some arrangement regards stands. The Government does say it wants people to cycle/keep fit after all. :biggrin:
I now only go to EBC for a browse when I pop through to IKEA in my car - and kill two birds with one stone. :smile:

While we're on the subject of EBC marinyork - do you know if any CC members got jobs in the Sheffield shop? :smile:

Cyclist33

perplexed said:
Just a quick hello from a new user from South Yorkshire. I'm a hybrid user, using my bike mainly for commuting. No great distance, but it works for me!

I don't know about other areas, but Sheffield seems to have seen quite an increase in the volume of bike traffic, despite the hills. Of which there are lots. And lots. And lots...

I can only imagine that the flatter parts of the UK must have seen an even greater increase in cycle traffic. I don't know about other members, but it always heartens me to see folks peddling round. In fact, the suns come out, I've done what I need to do at home, so I think I'll drag the old girl out of the garage...:smile:

Back at ya from Sheffield! Although I'm leaving to go to a new job over the Pennines soon. I have just spent the past fortnight riding a Norco hybrid but I took it back because the front wheel kept slipping. It was a nice ride I admit, but I've swapped it for a mountain bike because I already have a road bike so I thought it would be nice to try something different!

TTFN

Stuart

Top Bottom