Hello there, great site

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dorisday

Hi I have a Raleigh vintage twenty in need of new inner tubes and tyres, can anyone help with sizes i need to order, thanks

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning and welcome to the forum.

I believe the Raleigh Twenty is so called because of it's 20 inch wheels. These would be of use------

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bi...chwalbe-marathon-reflex-tyre-20in-486422.html

1616759138816.png

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
@dorisday best thing to do is to check whats written on the sidewalls

As Mr Biggs says, be careful when ordering 20" tyres, they are not all the same, in just the same way there are various 26" tyre types.
If you own a modern shopper or folding bike, it's a fair bet the wheels are ISO 406mm sized, and often fitted with 1.75" wide tyres.
However, if you have a vintage shopper bike like a Raleigh Twenty or Dawes Kingpin, theres a good chance it will be running 20" x 1 3/8" tyres on ISO 451mm rims. The two types of rims require different tyres, so check the existing tyres for the ISO sizing before ordering any replacements..

OP
OP
D

dorisday

@dorisday best thing to do is to check whats written on the sidewall
As Mr Biggs says, be careful when ordering 20" tyres, they are not all the same, in just the same way there are various 26" tyre types.
If you own a modern shopper or folding bike, it's a fair bet the wheels are ISO 406mm sized, and often fitted with 1.75" wide tyres.
However, if you have a vintage shopper bike like a Raleigh Twenty or Dawes Kingpin, theres a good chance it will be running 20" x 1 3/8" tyres on ISO 451mm rims. The two types of rims require different tyres, so check the existing tyres for the ISO sizing before ordering any replacements..
Thanks I will get it out of shed tomorrow and see if I can see anything, think bike is from 70s I picked it up for £25 during lockdown but tyres go flat after few days and look worn, probably originals from 70s, lol

midlife

Guru
There used to be a Raleigh Twenty website but I think it closed.....

Top Bottom