Hello there

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edindave

Über Member
Hi folks,

Thought I'd better say hello... I've been lurking here for a few days!
Have been getting into cycling over the past few months, doing about 10 miles per day after work to get some exercise.
I'm aiming to build up my distances as I've entered the Pedal for Scotland Glasgow-Edinburgh run in September, and Etape Caledonia 2011.
Have never cycled in a group/crowd so am a bit nervous about those events so was thinking of tagging along on a Lothian CTC meet one of these days (am Edinburgh based).

See you around!

Cheers, Dave

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hello Dave and welcome to Cycle Chat.

Good luck with your rides. It's so much better cycling with a group of people.

bauldbairn

Hi folks,

Thought I'd better say hello... I've been lurking here for a few days!

See you around!

Cheers, Dave

Hello and Welcome to the CC forums from rain swept Falkirk. :smile:

There are quite a few cyclists on here from the Edinburgh area - I'm sure one will be along shortly to point you in the right direction. :thumbsup:

Good luck with the cycling.

bauldbairn

Like the avatar bauldbairn, did you take that photo?

If by "take" you meant "stole" then yes I did!!!! :whistle: :biggrin: ;)

No it's not mine I'm afraid, I'd love to credit the taker of the photograph but it's lost in the eather unfortunately.:sad:

I found the image whilst doing some research into Colony Collapse Disorder(CCD).

I love bee's and ant's and borrowed this and a few more images whilst browsing the net for info - it's a very good photo and your not the first person who has commented on it.

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
If by "take" you meant "stole" then yes I did!!!! :whistle: :biggrin: ;)

No it's not mine I'm afraid, I'd love to credit the taker of the photograph but it's lost in the eather unfortunately.:sad:

I found the image whilst doing some research into Colony Collapse Disorder(CCD).

I love bee's and ant's and borrowed this and a few more images whilst browsing the net for info - it's a very good photo and your not the first person who has commented on it.

Yeah it's a beautiful image. I'm sure the owner won't mind it being seen... it's only photo if it's being looked at and appreciated eh?! ;)

I'm planning to take my compact camera out on the bike... in case anything inspires me as I wheeze and crawl along the country roads ... and it'll give me an excuse to stop and catch my breath! :blush:

bauldbairn

Yeah it's a beautiful image. I'm sure the owner won't mind it being seen... it's only photo if it's being looked at and appreciated eh?! ;)

Because there's been interest in it I'm going to spend a bit of time at the weekend trying to find who took it! Credit where credits due and all that.

Good luck with the cycling by the way - post your pics if they're interesting we'd love to see them. Many members post photo's on here.

I'll maybe see you on a CC Ecosse ride if we both make one at the same time?

All the best. :smile:

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
At a guess it looks like a typical shot by LordV or AllieC. They're quite well known macro shooters. I dabble a bit too.

Back to bikes though :smile:
I see a thread developing about an August Ecosse meet. I'll keep an eye on that, could be just the thing if it's suitable for beginners - I've averaged about 13mph in the last 3 months/750miles according to the garmin.
Am not the speediest so wouldn't want to hold folk up.

Cheers again.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I see a thread developing about an August Ecosse meet. I'll keep an eye on that, could be just the thing if it's suitable for beginners - I've averaged about 13mph in the last 3 months/750miles according to the garmin.
Am not the speediest so wouldn't want to hold folk up.

:welcome: Hi Dave, I see you've found the CC Ecosse rides already, hope you can make it to one some time soon. We try to arrange them roughly every few weeks, in different parts of "central Scotland", all welcome! Our motto is "nobody gets left behind". Some of us are slower than others, but some of the fast guys remember well what it's like to start out (and some probably were always fast ;) ). The routes are picked so that reasonably fit people are not discouraged from joining in. There has been talk recently about starting up some "CC Ecosse challenge rides" (like doing a CC Ecosse "Snow Roads" (a mere 300km, there is a thread somewhere), or the "Pedal for Cake" ride (which can be done as a 100+ mile ride or you can just join in for a section you fancy)

T (also based in Edinburgh)

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Thanks Telemark, that's good to know about the rides. I'm looking forward to finding out what effect being in a group has on my cycling. Sooner the better :smile:

Hi HLaB and HJ, thanks for the welcome :smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:hello: edindave and (belatedly) :welcome: to CC.

I saw your ride post :bicycle: on the Forum Rides section and noticed that you are just down the road from me - I'm in Trinity.

If you fancy a wee doodle out sometime, let me know and we can 'doodle a deux' :laugh:. I prefer it when there is no rain but ....... ;)

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
:hello: edindave and (belatedly) :welcome: to CC.

I saw your ride post :bicycle: on the Forum Rides section and noticed that you are just down the road from me - I'm in Trinity.

If you fancy a wee doodle out sometime, let me know and we can 'doodle a deux' :laugh:. I prefer it when there is no rain but ....... ;)

Hey scoosh, nice to 'meet' ya :smile:

Another member so close by... I bet our paths have probably crossed many, many times already ;)

I'm sure we can hook up and take on the local cycle paths and beyond!

See you around!

Cheers,

Dave

Top Bottom