Hello to all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bob Orbell

Hi, just joined the forum, and to say hello to all members. I have be riding cycles for for about 40 years, but mostly poor quality machines, in august last year a good freind of mine took pitty on me and gave me a Marin East Peak, I like it a lot:smooch: we go for rides to a vilage pub on Sunday. Allso another chum of mine gave me a very sad and worn out BTwin Triban 3, it is under going a total rebuild and should be ready to ride late March. I had a set back last year and went into hospital on September 3 for a total knee replacement, I still find it hard work to pedal, but it is getting better, the surgeon told me it could take up to a year to get back to normal, any members out there with new knees? Well I hope I have put this in the right place. BOB

Biker Joe

Über Member
Hi and :welcome:
Sad news about your knee.
I wish you a speedy recovery and lots of enjoyment with your Triban.

Hi there...I've got a Triban 3 and a dad who's had both knees replaced (I'm sure there's a tenuous link there!). Good for you getting out on the bike. My dad has recently taken up cycling 18 months after the second knee replacement and says it is a revelation! Good luck and keep going!

paul04

Über Member
Hi Bob. just take it easy and build the strength back up in your knee, in the mean time join in with the banter on here:thumbsup:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi Bob and:welcome: to cycle chat! Won't be long till your new knee will power you up steep hills.

:welcome: Bob. As others have said, softly, softly, catchy monkey.

Have a look at THIS site that deals with bike fit. Knees are one of the most punished joints if a bike does not fit right.

Take time now so you can enjoy the wonderful world that is cycling for a long as possible.

Top Bottom