Hello Yo, Yo, Yo!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baja Dan

Regular
I have been interested in getting a racing bicycle for quite some time, I am selling off my most prized possession my ghetto blaster to fund my addiction sad time, I know I love the sport but I'm no expert.
_MG_7657.jpg

I was looking on eBay to see what "good bakes" (newbie here) were going for in value I've came across one a few at my kind of price.

eBay listing has ended!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270809276...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1156

as I drive a 69 Beetle it is not the most fuel-efficient car so a bicycle would be a good option for me to have, I would hope to be travelling about 30 to 40 miles a day is that realistic? what sort of time and generally straight Irish/UK roads?

GOPR0476.jpg

thanks for reading and not removing.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Welcome Dan, 30-40 miles per day is certainly realistic, it'll get you fit though, that's for sure!

As for time, too many variables really, weight/fitness/route (hilly, prone to headwinds?) etc but somewhere in the region of 2-4 Hours total time for a 40 mile journey.
You may be able to do it faster, but in reality a 20mph average is not easy to maintain and is probably unrealistic for most of us.

Top Bottom