Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Hi All,

I have called myself Roadhump, but my real name is Paul. I live in Southport and I'm 52 years old.

Despite being quite a hefty lad, I have been cycling for over 20 years, nothing competitive, just for fun and relaxation, and I never really bothered about what bike I had as long as it worked. Then, in 1998, I got interested in mountain bikes and bought a Specialized Rockhopper and went off road quite a bit, but nothing serious. I would also use this to cycle the 16 miles to work occasionally, using the canal towpath when I could. I drifted away from cycling and into the gym for a few years but recently started going out on my old Rockhopper again and realised how much more I enjoy it than using the gym.

I realised though, that I rarely go off road now and my Rockhopper's design is probably stopping me from covering as many miles as I would like so I started looking at hybrids. I ended up buying a Specialized Sirrus Pro online from Evans; it was delivered 2 days ago and I have been out on two 20 mile rides already (day off today as its snowing - I know fair weather and all that). The cycling bug has bitten me once more and I have stopped my gym membership. I just love the new bike and intend getting out most days (when its not snowing). I'll probably also keep my Rockhopper, its in good nick, apart from the seat post being seized and therefore unadjustable, and go for the occasional ride from Wigan to Burscough / Maghull on the Leeds Liverpool canal.

An old mate told me about this site on Facebook and I'm looking forward to visiting quite a bit.

Hope that's not too long an introduction.

Cheers for now,

Roadhump

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
evening and :welcome:

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
G'day Paul,

Good intro, welcome to the forum. I started off hefty, but re-started cycling and stopped lobbing so much food in, which ended up with a couple of stones evaporating to somewhere. I haven't really got much faster, but I can go further at a consistent average. Enjoy your riding, whatever form it takes.

OP
OP
Roadhump

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Thanks for the warm welcome Guys. As Dazza says, Bring on the Spring weather!! I was going to go out today but have to admit, after taking the dog out first I chickened out, need some better quality winter gear for weather like this, plus I've got a cold so probably better leaving it for a couple more days.

Top Bottom