Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lukas

Hi, I lost the motivation to ride when my Claude Butler Chinook was stolen a couple of years ago, but reading on here has made me want get back on my bike.
I also have a tendancy to have spectacular accidents and wish I had helmet on when I swerved to avoid a car that overtook me, then slowed down. I was close to top speed, skidded into a parked moped(the last thing I remember) I landed on my head (from the cuts swellings and concussion) dislocated my left collar-bone, broke a metacarpal in my right hand, cracked ribs and the shockload of me landing on my head also meant my back hurt for a while. The paramedics were good but the hospital staff were shocking. A guy (possibly the consultant) showed me the xray of my should but didn't seem conserned that I couldn't see due to the cuncussion.
If you want to hear anymore of my accidents, I can go right back to before I went to school and skidding along a pavement on my face.

Hi and welcome! Are you sure it's a good idea for you to even leave the house, let alone cycle??? :biggrin:

OP
OP
L

Lukas

I was thinking of getting a suit of amour, it would slow me down and protect me at the same time. If I say the word motorcycle at home, the language they use!

OP
OP
L

Lukas

Thanks for the welcome guys.
I now always recomend wearing helmet (I thought I was indestructable before that) the concussion left me with restrcted vision for over 24 hrs and three months of ballance problems. When my chinook got stolen, my helmet was locked to it. I replaced the helmet straight away but I couldn't replace the bike, I still have my Ridgeback Cyclone but its nothing in comparrison, even though they cost about the same.

Top Bottom