Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Good for you!
I'm in my seventies and decided to re-start cycling; after a 10 year + break; although I looked at e-bikes, they were all far too big (I'm less than 5ft tall) so I bought a non-e-bike which I'm getting on with better than I ever thought I would - although living in a flat place for the first time in my life has a lot to do with that! I'm now considering fitting a conversion kit to it, perhaps next year.
What e-bike did you get?

OP
OP
L

Laura63

Good for you!
I'm in my seventies and decided to re-start cycling; after a 10 year + break; although I looked at e-bikes, they were all far too big (I'm less than 5ft tall) so I bought a non-e-bike which I'm getting on with better than I ever thought I would - although living in a flat place for the first time in my life has a lot to do with that! I'm now considering fitting a conversion kit to it, perhaps next year.
What e-bike did you get?
Hi, I went to Halfords and bought the Assist bike. I live in a rather hilly area so for me it’s a lifesaver. Well done for getting back to cycling. I feel even more motivated after reading your post.

Hi, I went to Halfords and bought the Assist bike. I live in a rather hilly area so for me it’s a lifesaver. Well done for getting back to cycling. I feel even more motivated after reading your post.

I would've definitely gone for an e-bike had I lived almost anywhere but where I now do, in the flatlands. I plan to ride as much as possible, weather permitting, for the next few months, then reassess and consider whether or not to get an electric wheel conversion for my bike. I'm very short and all the e-bikes I tried were far too big for me, so a conversion seems to be the best option, anyway. I'm loving my 'new' cycling life - and my new bike! I'm lucky as I live on the edge of a city with lots of cycle paths and tracks into and around it, and a canal, and flatlands all the way to the coast - and many of the major arterial dual carriageways to the coast have separate cycle tracks alongside them, at least for the fastest/worse bits. I've not yet cycled to the seaside, but I hope to do so before winter sets in, even if I have to get the bus or train back (and yes, it's a folding bike, so at a pinch it can go on the bus!)

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Hi everyone, at 63 I’ve taken the plunge and bought an ebike! I’ve ridden bikes on and off for years but asthma forced me to stop. I’m looking to use it to commute to work. I can’t wait to start my new adventure!
:welcome: to the forum. What part of hilly London do you live?

Biker man

Hi everyone, at 63 I’ve taken the plunge and bought an ebike! I’ve ridden bikes on and off for years but asthma forced me to stop. I’m looking to use it to commute to work. I can’t wait to start my new adventure!
What model ebike have you bought Laura?.

Top Bottom