Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

drummer99

I have been a lurker for a while, and joined quite abit back but didnt really get around to saying much.
Anyways, i have recently started commuting to college and my local town whenever i need to, (i say commuting, but i cheat a little, at the minute i drive around 3 miles and cycle 2.5 miles along a local cycle path) and next week i am commuting from the 5 mile mark as the 2.5er is very easy now.
I used to really enjoy cycling when i was younger but stopped and got fat and lazy. I started dieting in April and since then i have lost around 5 stone, still got a way to go though. Hence the cycling good to keep in shape, and i dont feel i am gonna bend the bike anymore.
Not sure what else to say.
I enjoy the forum and will be staying for a while i think.
:biggrin:

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Hi Drummer. Welcome to the trenches of the forum. Congratulations on the weight loss. I was in a similar position to you a few years back. It's amazing how much better I feel now. You have our support.

Oh I forgot. Welcome indeed to a fellow Yellowbelly.

Hello there, Drummer99 and welcome to CC!

Glad to see that you´re benefitting from the health benefits of cycling!

Losing five stone in six months is great going!

Hope you´re finding it fun, too.

Keep your eyes open for a northern/Yorks_Lincs CCforum ride!

:biggrin:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Gerry Attrick said:
So sorry to hear of your exile. Did you do something really serious, like marry a Hull lass?:biggrin:

Nope, moved to Jockland!

I'd rather chop off an appendage than marry someone north of t'Humber, I took my Mrs. (although originally from Middlesbrough:blush:) with me!!! :biggrin:

OP
OP
D

drummer99

Thanks for all your welcomes.
Have to say though, i amnt a born and bred yellow belly, was born in aberdeen and only moved down here afew years ago. Better for cycling i guess though, i am not a fan of hill.s

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
drummer99 said:
Thanks for all your welcomes.
Have to say though, i amnt a born and bred yellow belly, was born in aberdeen and only moved down here afew years ago. Better for cycling i guess though, i am not a fan of hill.s
Give it a while and you'll be looking for hills. Try the wolds around Tealby and Walesby. Rothwell, Caistor and Grasby. Cadwell, Bluestone Heath Road, Caistor to Horncastle. There are plenty of hills if you seek them out, and I know you will once you get sorted.:biggrin:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Gerry Attrick said:
Give it a while and you'll be looking for hills. Try the wolds around Tealby and Walesby. Rothwell, Caistor and Grasby. Cadwell, Bluestone Heath Road, Caistor to Horncastle. There are plenty of hills if you seek them out, and I know you will once you get sorted.:smile:

You omit the hill between North Reston and Legbourne... ;)

Top Bottom