Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auron

A little about myself - I'm a 30 year old man who was born with Spina Bifida, I was told as a young child I would never be able to ride a two wheel bicycle but being the kind of person I am I had to prove them wrong, and so I did.

On turning 17 I fell out of cycling as most do in place of a car; now as a 30 year old man I want to get back into cycling for health and fitness reasons, with one slight problem - I have (probably due to a bigger stomach!) totally lost the ability to ride a 'regular' bike.

On doing a little research which is how I came across this site, I stumbled upon the recumbent trikes and they are precisely what I need, if I had the money I would buy one right now:biggrin: but they all seem so expensive and way way out of my price range.

Anyway, due to bikeability wales I will at least hopefully get to try one within the next few days; then maybe, one day I will get to own my own (not holding my breath though). I have read through a few of the threads on recumbent's on here they were a great read and made me want one even more, so I thought I'd register and say hi.

chrisb1357

Über Member
Welcome to the Forum

Chris

colly

Re member eR
Hi,

Welcome aboard Auron.:smile:

There are a good few on here who use 'bents so you will get plenty of good advice.:wacko::smile:

Jane Smart

The Queen
Auron welcome along to the CC forum. A very friendly lot with lots of good advice.

Well done on your for considering a bike, it is a start and I am sure, once you get one, you won't look back :laugh:

bauldbairn

Welcome to the CC forums Auron. :ohmy:

Good luck with your return to cycling.

There are quite a few recumbent bike riders on this site - I'm sure if you post a thread on "recumbent bikes" they'll help you with your choice. :evil:

All the best from sunny central Scotland. :laugh:

OP
OP
Auron

Auron

bauldbairn said:
I'm sure if you post a thread on "recumbent bikes" they'll help you with your choice. ;)

Will they help me with the price as well? :girl:

Lovely day today, I'd kill to have access to one so I could take it over one of the many trails here

Pity :sad:

:tongue:

bauldbairn

Auron said:
Will they help me with the price as well? :biggrin:

Not sure! :biggrin:

I do believe there is a bristling trade in second-hand "recumbents" as their owners do tend to upgrade to carbon etc. :smile:

Maybe posting a thread about second-hand "recumbents" and their availability/trialability would allow you more affordable options. I've also heard renting mentioned as an option - rather than buying(at first). :sad:

I'm definately not an expert in "recumbents" buy any means. :angry:

Try this thread for info - https://www.cyclechat.net/

Good luck!

Top Bottom