Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lilylass

Hello, stumbled upon this site by accident and it looks great!

Just starting to cycle again (after many years) so will be looking for loads of advice & tips.

My new bike's on it's way (waiting for Cyclescheme) & can't wait to get going.

Have questions already .........

Nice to meet you all!

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Hi Lilylass. Welcome to the forum. Ask your questions, and answer some too if you like!:welcome:

OP
OP
L

Lilylass

Hello!

It's a Dawes Mojave - I was very tempted by some of the top end bikes but wanted to keep the total cost down as I'm a bit worried about whether I'll actually have a job for the next 12 months (one of the downsides of Cyclescheme is that if you leave your job/made redundant etc, you have to pay the outstanding amount in full from your final pay. I didn't really fancy having several hundred ££ taken off my last pay if the worst happens!)

I'm a bit worried about the gears - EZ shifters - I've only had grip-shifts before but everyone tells me they're much better so sure I'll get the hang of them!

I've read about people upgrading to road bikes once they get back into the swing of cycling but I've got a bad back and find that the more upright position of the hybrids is better for it.

Would love to be answer questions but think it may take a while before I've re-educated myself!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
wave.gif
Lilylass and
wave.gif
to CycleChat
thebiggrin.gif

Whereabouts in the country are you planning to ride ? Keep you eyes out on this section and have some company while you ride :biggrin:.

Attachments

• wave.gif
    wave.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 34
Welcome Lilylass- you'll be glad to be rid of grip shifts - they're the devils work!!! :laugh:

OP
OP
L

Lilylass

Hello everyone! (Buggi, good to know there are other girls here!).

Thanks for the link to the "company" section, I'll certainly keep an eye on it: my boss (who lives up the road) has "volunteered" to go out with me but I'll need a few weeks to get fit so I can keep up with her! (and it would be the same for joining anyone else). My fitness level is terrible just now!!

Top Bottom