Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gannet

Howdy :biggrin:

Bit of my history...

I'm called Peter and I used to cycle everywhere as a kid/student (to/from school & College & Uni) then bought a car and kinda forgot about the bike...

then some 15 years later and fed up with using the Train (or 3) to get to work, got myself a Giant Halfway (20" folder) and promptly lost about 3 stone in a year :ohmy:

Anyway I wore that bike out (twice), so upgraded to a Dahon Cadenza P18 which is far more robust and quicker :biggrin:

-- Gannet.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
:welcome:

I know the Cadenza well - I had one too until quite recently!

OP
OP
G

gannet

Thanks for the welcome :biggrin:

RecordAceFromNew - How did you find the Cadenza? and why the change - just interested :smile:

-- Gannet.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
I am pretty sure it is the quickest and lightest full sized folder for the price. Actually I think for something quicker and lighter one will have to pay double.

I found the stock wheels not properly tensioned (which sadly is not unusual for factory built bikes), and would recommend that done.

After a little while I found that I had to adjust the lockjaw mechanism, which while smart looking (well hardly anybody was able to tell the bike was a folder...) I concluded might not last as long as I wanted it to. Maintaining the tight balance of position and tension between the pivot bolt, adjustment bolt and OC bolt (after paying special attention to applying the right loctite formulation!) was possible, but ime is more an art than a science...

I managed to sell it secondhand on the bay for more than what I paid new because their price skyrocketed within the past year or two.

OP
OP
G

gannet

I am pretty sure it is the quickest and lightest full sized folder for the price. Actually I think for something quicker and lighter one will have to pay double.

I found the stock wheels not properly tensioned (which sadly is not unusual for factory built bikes), and would recommend that done.

After a little while I found that I had to adjust the lockjaw mechanism, which while smart looking (well hardly anybody was able to tell the bike was a folder...) I concluded might not last as long as I wanted it to. Maintaining the tight balance of position and tension between the pivot bolt, adjustment bolt and OC bolt (after paying special attention to applying the right loctite formulation!) was possible, but ime is more an art than a science...

I managed to sell it secondhand on the bay for more than what I paid new because their price skyrocketed within the past year or two.

my rear wheel wasn't tensioned at all well - LBS sorted that and has been fine ever since.

Lockjaw - so far so good with mine, though I do try not to fold it too often (have to have a folder as part of my commute from Surrey to Chiswick has to be done by train)... Know what you mean about people not realising it folds - have had a number of people with looks of shear shock on their face when I have folded it in 10 seconds flat :biggrin:

Mossup

Hiya. Im new here too and from the Surrey too. Im looking for reasonable safe places for me to go out on my bike in the evenings. I'm a newbie biker!
biggrin.gif

OP
OP
G

gannet

Hiya. Im new here too and from the Surrey too. Im looking for reasonable safe places for me to go out on my bike in the evenings. I'm a newbie biker!
biggrin.gif

hey :biggrin:

safe places to go out in Surrey... big county sure there are some somewhere :biggrin: I only commute (mainly through west london to clapham junction) so Im not out much in the evening.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
biggrin.gif

If you are near the northern end of Surrey, Richmond Park is great, has a variety of terrains and paths for newbies to serious training for racers.

Top Bottom