Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

visualAd

Hello everyone. I have read a few useful posts from this site as a guest and only now have decided to register.

My cycling is normally my commute using my Brompton which I got in 2008. This is either from Langley near Slough or Havistock Hill in Camden to my place of work just off fleet street. When commuting from Slough I cycle to West Drayton, hop on the train to Paddington and then ride from there to work. Both the direct route of about 3.2 miles and the less direct route via Hyde Park, Westminster Bridge and the Southbank (5 miles) take around 25mins. I also have the option of cycling to Uxbridge (if I wake early enough) and riding from Finchley Road which again takes around 25mins.

When at Havistock hill, if I get up nice and early I can get in to work in 17 - 18mins with no train. I do envy the London dwellers who can do that every day. I generally ride in all weathers even the snowy periods during winter only favouring public transport when I have had a drink after work. :smile:

I have just started riding again after having an operation at the beginning of March and as is so often the case, I didn't realise how much I took the bike for granted until I couldn't use it. I found myself getting off at Charing Cross station and walking to Fleet street just to lessen the underground journey and interchange nightmares as well as get a bit of exercise.

When I get time, I like to do long bike rides on my hybrid / road bike. Slough is ideally placed with access to the Cookham and Marlow and the Chilterns in the North, London to the East, Windsor and Ascot to the South and Reading to the east. There are plenty of bike rides and only a stones throw from the countryside.

Its good to be here and I look forward to talking to you all in the future.

Adam

Morning Adam, We had another from your parts on last Friday's Night Ride to the Coast (take a look in 'Informal Rides' ) - from Wraysbury.
I ride Haverstock Hill each day on my way to Kentish Town (from Eastcote, a mere 'stop' on the Met Line!), it's a bit of a grind going upwards though! :smile:
Have fun on the forum.

Top Bottom