Hello...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abo

Hi! I've just got my first bike in what must be 20 years at least... I wanted to get a bike for two reasons: my 6 year old son is starting to want to go places on his bike now (rather than just around the park...), and to try and get my belly back off. I used to run a bit, I did some local 10km runs last year but it tailed off after the last run because I was just bored with it :sad: So I piled a few (a lot) pounds on and so I thought a bike might be a better choice for me.

I've bought a cheapo Apollo hardtail MTB, basically I spent as much as I can justify in these tight times. I thought I'd see if cycling agreed with me before spending a fortune lol. It is my 40th birthday next year so I suspect I might know what sort of hints I'll be dropping my wife in the run up ;)

I wanted a MTB rather than a roadbike as there are a couple of nice trails near where I live; I used to run there and I can see myself going for rides there too.

I bought it a couple of days ago and used it for nipping to the local shops, but went out for my first ride of any length earlier today; 7.5 miles on both cycle paths and roads. I was a bit nervous on the latter having not ridden in traffic for many years, but I survived to write this lol

I've got my helmet, lights, pump, a little toolkit/puncture repair. Think I need to get some mudguards though!

I'm hoping to get some tips and advice on setting my bike up properly :smile:

Paladin - York

A friend of mine said similar things to you, now he's a lycra clad stick insect, wearing the colours of a court jester, head down, backside up and wearing mandatory shades!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the site, there's a lot going on.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Hi and
wave.gif

OP
OP
abo

abo

Thanks guys :smile:

Don't think I could see myself in a rainbow of colours :tongue: I could possible stretch to my tight running trackpants, if they'll still stretch to fit *me* lol

OP
OP
abo

abo

Yeah its nice down there, think I might head that way today. Still don't fancy Castle Eden walkway with no mudguards...

OP
OP
abo

abo

Cheers CJ!

Top Bottom