Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Been lurking for awhile so thought I'd pop my head up and say Hello :hello:

Always cycled on rubbish bikes, but this summer I've got a tiny bit more serious.
First The ciggies were thrown at the end of June and I pottered about on a very heavy Tesco Vertigo mountain bike. Then decided to reward to myself for staying smoke free for a month and bought a Carrera Virtuoso in the Halfords end of range sale......STI shifters what a brilliant invention I'd never seen before.

Already looking at an upgrade next summer, but will see how I go over the winter first. I did manage to grab a few items in the Lidl offers last week to keep me warm hopefully in the cooler months, guess we'll see about that and see how big my bum looks in Lycra first :whistle:

I had a whole day to myself last week and managed a fair jaunt (for me) taking my time, just under 60miles, Wrexham-Overton-Ellesmere-Whitchurch-Malpas-Chester-Wrexham. With info taken from here I kept stocked up on liquids and flapjacks and felt okay after the very enjoyable ride, though i did head to bed that night at 8.30pm.

The names cause I make real ale from hops and grain, proper men's beer :becool:

Anyway's I'll stop rambling there and try to limit my question

Cheers TB

Welcome, The Brewer! It will only be a 'short hop' from here to Informal Rides...they will help you get a head! (Just beware of the old foamers on the gorum - and the yellow beer drinkers!)
Have fun! :smile:

OP
OP
The Brewer

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I've picked up an old Viking bike and the monthly allowance has evaporated on it :rolleyes:

Wheels and a 9speed shimano hyperglide.....okay its not tour equipment but its Brewer stamped road worthy :unsure:....Fink the white handle bar tape was a bad idea though, black might have looked new for longer :hyper:

Klaus

Hi and welcome Brewer, I like the bit about being rewarded for being smoke free, never thought about that when I gave up ...
Anyway, I am sure everything will work out great. I only do kits so I am down a bit in the brewing league.

Top Bottom