1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hello.......

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by andyfromotley, 25 Mar 2008.

1. andyfromotley

andyfromotley New Member

back to cycling after a 3 year lay off. What happened to the cycling plus website? I see its now bike radar, but doesnt seem too busy? This seems to be more like the old cycling plus site. Was there some sort of acrimonius split? Did i miss all the fun?

andy

2. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

Welcome! It's a long story, but basically Future decided to merge us with all their other cycling sites. We didn't enjoy the influx of kiddies from one of the MTB mags or the new clutch of moderators so we mostly all came here... we seem to have lost a lot of the racing boys along the way though.

3. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

They almagamated all the forums from the different bike mags from Future. It was dropped on everyone with very little notice.

There was a lot of jostling when it happened. Some tried it and stayed. Some tried it and couldn't put up with a couple of bolshy mods, so left. Some weren't happy with the way things were done.

A lot of people came here as they found it the most comfortable, and possibly th most like the old C+. Shaun, the forum owner here, was very gracious in accommodating us all, and it's gone on from there really.

And the second run of CycleChat jerseys is about to be ordered, so if you're interested then get in quick.

If you liked C+ you'll like it here.

4. OP
    OP
    andyfromotley

andyfromotley New Member

Cool.........ty.

only one more question.... how many more posts do i have to make before i become a senior member???

andy

5. Smeggers

Smeggers New Member

Another 998 I think.

Dive into Soapbox and start a thread entitled "Climate Change is pants and Speeding is great".... you'll soon get there! ;)

6. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

yea, this is the much more friendly than bikeradar. it feels like home ;)

7. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

Isn't it when you get to 500? I thought I was getting near:sad:

8. OP
    OP
    andyfromotley

andyfromotley New Member

ok you soapbox lefty scum.....here i come!

(its good to be back!)

9. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

'tis 500 but it means nothing Summerdays. We still won't take you seriously ;)

10. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Nooooo don't go in there..... satan's play pit..... bloody awful place -there are some lurkers who have hits who never ever seem to post out of that pit... it's a complete sh1t hole............

Welcome to the real world - just keep clear of the soapbox...... just full of idiots !

11. Smeggers

Smeggers New Member

I am a mole and I live in a hole.

12. Renard

Renard Guest

I am a fox and I live in a box.

13. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Iraq or prison? ;)

14. OP
    OP
    andyfromotley

andyfromotley New Member

Nothing as exciting...... moved up north and had two kids.

come to think of it iraq may have been a better option.:biggrin:

15. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

certainly a cheaper option! :wacko: