Helmet Cam Footage of Commutes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello!

I'm a bike commuter and have been at the ars* end of some of the stuff that you have and I am now doing the PR for a company called actioncameras.co.uk who sell helmet cameras. I want to get some coverage in the press about the dreadful times commuters can have on bikes and also how we are 'fighting back' ie: recording commutes.

Would you be comfortable, if I was to go ahead with this, to share your videos and maybe talk to the press should I generate any interest? It's an idea in the early stages but I think it's certainly a decent story and your near misses and cut ups would be great to back the story up.

If you can help please PM me and let me know where to download your commute and let me know how I can get in contact with you.

Let me know what you think.
Cheers
Kimberley

Tynan

Veteran
youtube init

one bollo has a cracker of late

Nans0n said:
Hello!

I'm a bike commuter and have been at the ars* end of some of the stuff that you have and I am now doing the PR for a company called actioncameras.co.uk who sell helmet cameras. I want to get some coverage in the press about the dreadful times commuters can have on bikes and also how we are 'fighting back' ie: recording commutes.

Would you be comfortable, if I was to go ahead with this, to share your videos and maybe talk to the press should I generate any interest? It's an idea in the early stages but I think it's certainly a decent story and your near misses and cut ups would be great to back the story up.

If you can help please PM me and let me know where to download your commute and let me know how I can get in contact with you.

Let me know what you think.
Cheers
Kimberley

Eh? Should your name not be Paul?;)

magnatom said:
Eh? Should your name not be Paul?xx(

I should explain that I got a PM on another forum from someone called Paul who claimed to be doing the PR for this company. Are you competing agains each other, Kimberly?

pbjohnson

Whoops, sorry magnatom - I can see how this looks. It's Paul here and work with Kimberley at the same company. I sneaked away for a few days sking and asked Kimberley to see if any more people would be prepared to share their footage with us in my absence. She used my email but her own name hence the clumbsy looking post.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your PM reply last week - it's really appreciated.

pbjohnson said:
Whoops, sorry magnatom - I can see how this looks. It's Paul here and work with Kimberley at the same company. I sneaked away for a few days sking and asked Kimberley to see if any more people would be prepared to share their footage with us in my absence. She used my email but her own name hence the clumbsy looking post.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your PM reply last week - it's really appreciated.

No problem. I wasn't being entirely serious. I was sure there was a innocent explanation.

Let us know more when you have more details of your campaign. :smile:

pbjohnson

All,

Thanks so much to everyone who replied to say we could use thier footage and would be happy to speak to the media (if anyone else is happy to be case study - the more the merrier, just PM).

Just to keep you informed, we've had interest from a national daily and BBC News so far, so I'm hoping there will be press coverage in the next few days.

Magnatom, as requested, here are the first few sentences from the press release:

[FONT='Arial'']CYCLISTS USE THEIR HEADS TO CATCH [/FONT]
[FONT='Arial'']DANGEROUS DRIVERS[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial''][/FONT]
[FONT='Arial''][/FONT]
[FONT='Arial'']Helmet-mounted cameras are the latest weapon in cyclists’ fight-back against dangerous drivers.[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial''][/FONT]
[FONT='Arial'']Tired of being run off the road and having near misses with inconsiderate motorists, bike riders in their thousands are turning to technology to catch the culprits.[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial''][/FONT]
[FONT='Arial''][/FONT]

pbjohnson

If anyone fancies being interviewed for 5Live or the 6 O clock news about using their helmet cam and is from London I'd be most grateful for a PM. It will be tomorrow (Tuesday)

Good stuff! So is anyone from London willing to go on the news?! :angry:

Paul there are few on here you would want to avoid so PM me if you want me to vet them! ;):biggrin:

Could you let us know when it will hit the TV (if it does)? It would be good to get a recording of it.

Top Bottom