Helmet Cam problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redste

I've got an action cam 120 and all was working fine. I put a 16gb memory card in instead of the 8gb it came with. since then I have been having problems with it. It only records part of my journey or sometimes it records the journey but I can't play it back (it says file can't be rendered). Anyone else had issues? Do I need a new memory card?
Thanks

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Did you check the card was compatible? I think the Action Cam needs a reasonably high grade of card (they come graded for the type of data they are going to handle.)

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
What @w00hoo_kent says sounds most likely, I had the right size card in mine but it was a low processing speed and experienced similar problems to yourself, although it was a different camera, since swapping to a more manly card I've had no issues.

gavintc

Guru
I had a similar issue with my head cam. It seems that 'deleting' files using my Mac corrupts the memory card. Apparently, if I want to delete, I must then re-format the card. I therefore chose the overwrite option and do not delete files. It seems ok now. I got it at Xmas

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
It was a cheap one off ebay so maybe it isnt a class 10.
I'm not sure how you check, I mean it should be written on it, but that doesn't mean anything if it's a knock off. I presume I'm understanding correctly that the new one you bought is labelled as a '10' but was cheap from ebay and not that the original one was a 10 but the new one is undetermined.

OP
OP
redste

redste

Yea the one I bought off e-bay was labelled as 10. I gave the 8gb one that worked to my son. No chance of getting that back lol.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
A quick google suggests this program - h2testw - is a decent way of testing (again google to find and decide where you want to risk running it from!) Should be able to access it with the camera plugged in to the PC. Incidentally, I've got a 120 myself and put a bigger SD card in with no problems, but I was in a hurry so bought from PC World rather than ebay, I'm guessing the extra money I paid had some benefits.

drummerbod

It was a cheap one off ebay so maybe it isnt a class 10.

It will be a fake class 10 low quality affair. Ebay has a article on how to test the memory cards for capacity and speed.

My daughter ordered a cheap 8GB off ebay and she had problems. I knew it was fake and the test proved it. Instant refund from Ebay - no quibble.

Top Bottom