Helmet cam recommendations?

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Location
WEST MIDLANDS
Hi I'm thinking of buying a helmet cam, got no experience with them, so I'm looking for some advice/recommendations and prices please, I'll be looking at spending upto about 200, would I be able to get a cam with decent video for that? Thanks in advance for any help!
 

Helly79

New Member
Location
Norwich
I have a muvi atom it was only £65.82 but the only problem is the run time which is about 1hr
 

potsy

Rambler
Location
My Armchair
Have told my mrs that I would like a cam for my birthday,only thing is it's not til December:sad: like the look of the atom but 1 hour run time puts me off a bit.
Commute is approx 40 mins each-way so would need it to cover that at least.
 
OP
PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Location
WEST MIDLANDS
An hour would be ok I think but once I have one I'll probably wish I had more recording time I bet, I commute daily and want it for that because I've had a few close calls, but I would like to use it on longer rides at the weekend which can be two hours. Can you get cams with rechargeble batteries fitted on them or will that be on the more expensive models?
 

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Location
Norwich
potsy said:
Have told my mrs that I would like a cam for my birthday,only thing is it's not til December:sad: like the look of the atom but 1 hour run time puts me off a bit.
Commute is approx 40 mins each-way so would need it to cover that at least.
If you have a USB socket at work (or take a USB mains plug) you can charge it up there.
 

potsy

Rambler
Location
My Armchair
AndyCarolan said:
If you have a USB socket at work (or take a USB mains plug) you can charge it up there.
No access unfortunately:sad: could maybe get a usb mains plug,but nowhere secure to plug it in really.
 

manalog

Über Member
gaz said:
You can get the contourHD for around £200. HD size, great quality!
+1 . Mounted on the side of the helmet

I have two CHD and planning to install one under the saddle but I thought its a bit of an overkill so Im considering selling it and install a Muvi atom or an equivalent.
 

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Location
Manchester, UK
PJ79LIZARD said:
Hi I'm thinking of buying a helmet cam, got no experience with them, so I'm looking for some advice/recommendations and prices please, I'll be looking at spending upto about 200, would I be able to get a cam with decent video for that? Thanks in advance for any help!
I have a sneaking suspicion that Magnatom of these parts may have one for sale... :smile:;)
 
Top Bottom