Helmet Camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tombikess

I'm thinking of a Dogcamsport MiniDVR2, has anyone used one of these? are they any good? Or any other recommendations for a sub-£200 helmet cam? I'd ideally want to be recording non stop, then just keep the bits that are interesting/worthwhile

Ash5678

The Drift X170 might be good for you, as it has a built in screen, so you can view your videos straight after you have recorded them and then delete the stuff that you don't want from the memory card to make space to do more recording and it's only £130. Check out this X170 review.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I'm thinking of a Dogcamsport MiniDVR2, has anyone used one of these? are they any good? Or any other recommendations for a sub-£200 helmet cam? I'd ideally want to be recording non stop, then just keep the bits that are interesting/worthwhile

The minidvr has a few issues with picture quality and reliability over longterm use. I know atleast one guy who was unhappy with its performance.

For the price range consider looking at the GoPro and ContourHD range. The drift x170 is a good cam but is very wideangle on the lens. Most manufacturers will list battery time, and some cameras like the Vio POV1.5 will do a "loop" mode iirc where if something of note happens you click the button and the last 30 seconds onwards gets recorded from a buffer until you deactivate it. (I think thats how Bentmikey records)

Top Bottom